"That's going to be impossible."

"You gone keep complaining or let the man do his job?" Chris asked. "Nobody here to judge you Mya I'm just trying to finally get to know the woman I married."

We stared at each other until I closed my eyes while taking a deep breath.

"It's going to be okay Mya." Dr. Thompson said. "You ready to get started?"

"Actually I need a minute." Quickly, I got up from my seat and hurried up it and over to the bathroom. I shut the door and leaned against the door. "Don't run Mya, don't run.....you can do this, deep breaths." I inhaled and exhaled a few times and once I no longer felt like I was about to explode, I went back into the office. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Perfect...I've always wanted to sit down with you Mya and get a little more of your backstory. I'm glad that you're finally giving me the opportunity to help you heal."

"It's time."

"It is. Okay, so I'm going to do things differently with you than how I did with Chris. I have to actually get a lot of information about you from you. Unlike him when all it takes is a google search, so what I'm going to do is I'm going say a word and you're going to tell me about it."

"Okay."

"First, describe yourself in three words."

"Currently or overall?"

"Overall."

"...hardworking, quick tempered, and dependable."

"How would you describe yourself currently in three words?"

"Angry....hopeless but optimistic."

"What are you optimistic about?"

"That everything will be okay and that things will be how they're destined to be."

Dr. Thompson nodded while writing in his notebook."

"Tell me about your family. Your siblings, your parents. I have had the pleasure of sitting down with you all but that was just to fix and issue. So tell me more about them."

"Um...even though, we're a very cultured family, we aren't traditional. My dad is Haitian and my mom is Ghanaian. They both grew up in very traditional homes but they instilled the basics in me and my siblings or at least tried to. Obedience, respect and hard work were values that my dad always drilled in our heads. I think I'm the only way that actually listened though because I literally turned nothing into something. My mom was a house wife. She was taught to take care of home and that's what she did. I think that belief she pushed more onto my sister Mariah and that's why she married her high school sweetheart and had kids by him. With me being the youngest I got to see how much my mom regretted her decisions so I made sure to make other choices. I wanted to be married but I was going to do more with my life than just be someone's wife. As of lately though, my family is very disoriented. It seems like there's always an issue with me and one of my siblings. My brother Brian is just completely cut off, he's insane. It runs in the family I'm guessing. And after everything that has happened recently it seems like Mariah has an issue with me. I've been loving them all from a distance though."