Vaelle Lurval: CVII

Start from the beginning

"Lif?" Markos was asking now, "Did you see anything?" The poltergeist Riu had told her about seemed silent for some time, perhaps Markos had offended the spirit in some way? Or it was just choosing not to talk to them. "Lif? Buddyyy let's talk about this? It doesn't need to be like this.." The party stared awkwardly at Markos. She didn't want to bargain with spirits.

"Lif?" Herod tried again. She squinted, was Riu screwing with her about the ghost?

"Where is Lif?" Alekzandr added.

"Lif are you there? Here." Andraste set a piece of parchment paper and a pen on a nearby table. "Lif, did you see anything important?" Just like that, a sheet cover for a table lifted up and drifted over an unseen head.

"Wh-At THe fUck!" Vaelle jumped back, she'd seen the ghost before. Or maybe she hadn't? She couldn't remember. Yet still, the action; filled her with shock. The poltergeist picked up the pen signing a very quick; NO.

"Well that's helpful." Herod murmured. "Thanks Lif you're doing your best... Can someone explain what exactly happened?"

"I.. don't know," Andraste replied. "But I have the feeling we're being watched." The room spun as Vaelle looked around feeling as if a pair of eyes were on her at every moment. The windows were covered, the bar table held no signs of life and yet.. She could not shake the undeniable sensation that she was being gazed upon by an unseen force. She hated it. When she was still serving that stupid cult she felt that sensation twenty-four/ten, but now she refused to be a helpless idiot about it. She snarled at the darkness.

"I mean to be fair, I thought it was Markos watching me sleep." Adleth chuckled. Vaelle felt out of place, was.. That a common occurrence?

"What? No, I didn't do that this night." Markos defended. She was starting to understand less and less why Yalah found this group intimidating.

"Watched?!" Alekzandr, held out his rifle. "Shatter.. A point in location.. Watched." He spun his weapon in the air. She wondered what he was putting together. "My friends.. We are being watched by the Scry spell. Whoever feels the sensation.. You have failed to keep them out. Be careful with what you say." Vaelle's eyes grew wide. Scry.. why was that familiar where had she heard that before? They were being spied on. Hadn't she just killed that stupid cult?! She didn't want to be pulled back in.

"Alekz.. What are the requirements for this?" Riu requested. The white-haired aasimar fluttered off the ground, hovering in the air she started scanning the room. They were in fact being watched.

"The caster must know the target.. Or in this case targets, at least by face and name, the better they know them the better it turns out." He shot back. Vaelle grabbed a nearby knife from the counter. She wanted her spear. "That will do nothing.. We cannot attack them like this.. Based on this spell.. I'd say they know us pretty well."

"Everyone, we get name changes, it'll be perfect, they'll never know anything," Markos suggested.

"It's not that simple, they could cast it on the location. Markos they've casted it on the location." Herod tried to interject. Shit a location? Seriously? She tried to not panic. She had a new group here with skills. She would be fine.

"Then we change the name of the location, SkollTrull Manor, Herod Keep up." Markos replied.

"How about we say nothing and keep info to ourselves.. General magic defense should work right Alekz?" She begged the soldier, she wasn't entirely sure what to do.

"Yes, general magic defenses.. This spell allows you to see and hear in the location. So they can't do anything.. It just lets them look around, I'm pretty sure." Look around?