Dear Siblings

"Ready?" Sante asked, watching how Clara leaves the bathroom in her casual clothes. She was now wearing a white shirt and black leggings.

"Is dad okay with you wearing anything else than a suit?" Clara asked probably referring to his grey, worn-out hoodie.

"Normally seeing me in this outfit would make him gag but today he was too worried about you"

"Yeah, right" she snorted not believing a single word he's saying.

"I'm serious Clara. He cares. He's just... dumb. I mean don't get me wrong he's amazing at business but where it comes to human relationships he sucks" Sante shrugged his shoulders and smiled brightly.

Clara didn't know what to respond. Was father really worried about her? Can't be.

She followed Sante quietly as they were walking towards the hospital's entrance.

She remembers Sante as a person with a nice, gentle personality. As a child he followed his father's orders from top to bottom, he was also studying for most of the time. This was the reason why he would never have time to play with her. But Clara started to recognize that holding onto her childhood memories wasn't helpful. She regretted growing up without him, but what is she doing now? He didn't deserve her rejection.

His SUV had a nice forest green color.

"You're not taking me to my apartment aren't you" she realized the moment they entered the vehicle.

"Sorry Clara, I have my orders" Sante responded. He turned on the radio and Let it Be by The Beatles started playing. So his music taste hasn't changed that much either. "You don't want me to get cross with the most dangerous Mafiosi in the city, right?"

"Right, I wouldn't want that" Clara agreed easily and smiled back at him. This shocked Sante that much he forgot for the second he's driving "Eyes on the road!" Clara ordered sharply.

"Damn, she smiles," Sante muttered and Clara couldn't help but chuckle at his remark.

"Surviving near-death experience does that to you" she responded and the atmosphere in the car became more serious now.

"Clara"

"Hm?"

"Please, move into our house. It's dangerous for you to live on your own" Sante pleaded. His voice was shining with worry.

"I'm fine Sante. You don't need to worry about me. How many more crazy people can threaten my life? This situation will not repeat itself" Clara said, dismissing his concern.

"There can always be another one. We shouldn't risk it"

"I will think about it" she responded curtly.

He sighed deeply. He knew she wouldn't even consider his offer.

Clara entered the house and, still tired after everything that happened, decided to go to sleep. Sante shared her sentiment.

"What's up with all these renovations?" Clara said with surprise after Sante lead her to her old bedroom. The room has been completely changed.

"It was about time to give that room a makeover. In case you ever wanted to move in, you can. Are you happy that we got rid of that ugly pink color? It looked like a dollhouse here"

"Leave the pink color alone," Clara said, offended on her old room's behalf. Sante snorted and left her alone.

"Goodnight sorella"

"Goodnight" she yelled back "fratello" she whispered quietly so he couldn't hear.

Clara woke up a few hours later and she felt well-rested. What happened yesterday came back to her and she still couldn't believe she had been attacked. She was one step away from death and it has shaken her to the point she couldn't fully process this information.

She went downstairs and followed the smell that was luring her towards the kitchen.

She went through the living room and stopped when she saw the dessert stand in the middle of the coffee table. She almost forgot the luxuries of her father's house. She stole a raspberry macaroon that was displayed there and started nibbling on it. It was her favorite cookie of all time unfortunately she didn't know how to make and they were expensive. But wait... Lorenzo probably knew how to make it. Would he make them for her if she asked? Wait, no. What was she thinking?

After the macaroon was stored safely in her stomach she started to advance toward the kitchen, when she entered the first thing she saw was not the table full of many dishes but two adult men standing there drinking a coffee from the mini white espresso cups.

"What are you doing here?" she asked bluntly, looking with unhidden surprise.

"I came here to pick up my fiancé of course. We have a busy day ahead of us"

"I am going home. Call me back later" Clara said dryly. She grabbed an apple, took a bite, and was about to leave the kitchen when his hand wrapped around her waist.

"Are you saying no to me, little mouse?" Lorenzo asked in an amused voice that had an underlying threat added to it. Barely detectable.

"Ew. Don't do this in front of me" Sante said with disgust and covered his eyes.

"Fine. So what is the plan?" Clara gave up quickly. C'mon, it's the fourth day already. She can do this.

"Haven't you learned anything?"

It took everything in Clara to not curse him. She was trying to be a little less hot-headed. A little more tolerant and open herself up to new possibilities. "C'mon tell me I won't protest no matter how ridiculous your idea is"

"We're flying to Sicily today"

She wanted to tell him to stop the car or jump out of the car but neither option would be ideal since she promised to not make a scene. She took a deep breath and said in a sarcastic voice "Just wonderful" It's not like Clara didn't like to travel, she did but she preferred to have at least a few hours heads up. "What about my clothes? Underwear? Toothbrush? You know the things normal people have when going on a trip? Even rich people, or so I've been told"

"My housekeeper packed a few necessities. As soon as we land you will buy anything else that you might need"

"Lorenzo, you're impossible, you know that?"

"This is why you love me more with each day, hour, minute, second-"

"Yeah, yeah" she cut him off and turned away quickly when he glanced at her to hide the blush appearing on her cheeks. That's not true. She was not falling in love with that crazy person.

Fine, she won't protest. She's just not going to speak to him at all during their trip. Why? Perhaps she was afraid that he's getting to her. Perhaps she opened up to him more than she intended and when he was so gentle with her at the hospital her made her heart move. He was trapping her and she wouldn't let him.

She was simply scared.

When the couple arrived at the airport it was time for Lorenzo to be surprised, finally.

Three kids were present on the airport apron. The tallest one had messy, brown hair and he was talking to someone over the phone. The slightly shorter one with lighter but longer hair was reading the book. The only girl in their company was sitting on the luggage looking bored.

"Who are they?"

"My siblings," Lorenzo said, suddenly irritated. "What are you doing here, brats?" he asked. There was a softness to his stern expression. Clara was fascinated.

In front of her, there were three kids. Two boys seemed to be the same age while the girl looked slightly younger.

"What do you mean? You called me yesterday and said you're going to Sicily. We want to go too" the boy with messy brown hair responded.

Now that was a big problem for Lorenzo. He planned to use their plane ride to discuss with Clara her situation with Desmond. He wouldn't be able to do that with these three sitting there.

Time for the kids to come back home.