Waitress

Clara entered the Himeros Club today with a task-oriented attitude. At the end of today's shift, she intended to quit her job.

Yesterday, after her shift she was supposed to sign the contract of employment but she ended up being interrogated by Lorenzo fucking Vincenti. Besides, she was getting bolder with her plans like catching Desmond.

One could think the experiences from the last few days would discourage her on the contrary it was her motivation to close this fucking case once and for all as soon as possible.

She would hire herself at Desmond's club. She might not have learned any useful information from his former employee but it didn't matter. She knew that the episode with Himeros club was just her way of procrastinating, the real information was somewhere else but Clara would be risking her life.

She knew that there was always a potential danger that Desmond would recognize her as Sabrina's friend but it would be unlikely. They never actually met, the only danger was that Sabrina showed him her picture or something.

As for Loretta, she could feel the girl's burning gaze whenever she appeared in her field of vision but it didn't matter. Clara was planning to simply ignore her. But to Clara's surprise, Loretta started speaking.

"I'm sorry" the woman blurted out

"What?" Clara almost dropped the tray with empty wine glasses.

"I had to let Arturo know that you asked about Desmond. I am not allowed to speak with anyone about him. It's part of my agreement with Vincentis. I feel bad that I got you in trouble, I don't think you were asking in bad faith and I am glad you're still working here" Loretta said, her hands fidgeting anxiously.

"You can still help me if you want to," Clara said, she made sure to make her voice sound uncaring.

"How?"

"Tell me how to become one of Desmond's call girls"

"What? How are you? But why do you need to know that?" Loretta took a deep breath to calm herself and collect her thoughts "I assume you're not an undercover cop if you were Lorenzo wouldn't let you go"

"I just need quick cash. There are rumors he pays girls well. I don't care about the whole legality thing" Clara lied smoothly.

"Desmond's offer might seem good at first but I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy that kind of job. The process of selection is easy. All you need is to start working at Desmond's as a bartender, they only choose beautiful women from harsh backgrounds. They have a big staff turnover because at some point they ask if you want to earn extra cash. All you need to do is to say yes and you're in"

"Thank you for telling me"

"If you will start working for him you will regret it" Loretta warned. Then as the client appeared she asked in a pleasant voice  "Yes, what can I get for you?"

Clara on the other hand was deeply focused on preparing six mojitos in crystal, old-fashioned glasses. She muddled mint springs with sugar and lime juice, added ice, soda and was about to add white rum when she noted how suddenly people stopped yelling over the music. She lifted her gaze to see what's happening and she saw them.

Vincenti brothers were here with their whole entourage of bodyguards of course. It was the first time she saw Rafael Vincenti, he brought his wife with him. His hair was noticeably darker than Lorenzo but they had the same eye color and very similar face structures. Both brothers were wearing full black outfits but her eyes traveled to Lorenzo If not for the difference in hair color she would call them twins, they both carried themselves with an aura of superiority, the crowd of people who were dancing and enjoying their night out scattered just to make the place for them to walk freely.

This is when Clara's and Lorenzo's eyes met. She quickly pulled her gaze away but it was already too late. Lorenzo looked at her and a wolfish grin appeared on his face. Clara was praying to God that Lorenzo will go his way and leave her alone tonight but no such luck. He whispered something to his brother's ear and the man nodded in response. Soon Rafael disappeared between the metal doors, meanwhile, Lorenzo started getting closer to Clara. Shit.

"I can see you're working hard little mouse" he leaned over the bar counter with his lazy mannerism, the boyish smile playing on his lips.

"Sorry, I need to bring this order to the table," she said referring to the tray full of mojitos she was about to take to the customers.

"Loretta will take care of it, right?" Lorenzo asked the other girl.

"Of course sir," she said quietly. She looked intimidated by Lorenzo's presence and Clara wasn't blaming her.

"We need someone to take our orders downstairs," Lorenzo said and shifted his attention fully to the woman in front of him.

"You should ask Loretta, she has more experience," Clara said stubbornly.

"Oh, but I want you," Lorenzo said smugly as he was now very close to her, almost breathing into her neck.

"I don't want you," Clara responded angrily, seriously this man was so infuriating.

They were caught in the staring contest but unfortunately, Lorenzo's gaze was too intimidating and Clara started to panic and because she hated to lose she stomped on his foot. He didn't even flinch but he did blink looking at her slightly surprised and amused "Really, are you 5?"

"Another reason not to marry me, I am childish and mean" she grumbled out and Lorenzo started chuckling in response. "And once again I am working so stop bothering me" right. She needed to maintain full professionalism with this man who clearly has been crossing the line and she did not like it. No. Really. She did not. That stupid cheeks of her get red for no reason maybe she's sick.

She was about to leave to get more orders but the moment she started walking away his muscular hand wrapped around her waist and pulled her back. Her back was pressed to his chest as she could smell the alluring scent of expensive cologne.

"Dolcezza, behave for me today and I will present you a deal with an option to end our relationship"

That made her freeze. Was he serious? Was he really about to give her a way out?

She felt hope growing in her chest.

"Fine, I will go then. Jesus"

She took her notepad and hid it in the pocket of her black apron. Then she tried to collect herself. She took a deep breath and put on a professional mask. She needed to do this.