Cooking skills

"I love how easily you blush dolcezza, it's so cute," he said, caressing her cheek.

"I-I will prepare a damn meal, back off" she jumped out overwhelmed by the closeness. Why was it so hot here? Unfortunately he didn't sit down, he was leaning on the counter in a lazy manner in very close proximity and he was shamelessly watching her doing all the work.

"What exactly did you buy all these ingredients for? I don't even know what to make out of this"

"They're for minestrone soup, don't worry I will tell you what to do" He responded.

"Minestrone? What the hell is that?"

"A gem of Italian cuisine. It's a thick soup with vegetables and pasta" he explained patiently.

"Are you used to eating pasta in the middle of the night?" Clara asked skeptically.

"Only with the most beautiful woman I know" he winked.

Clara shook her head in disbelief. "I have no idea how making me your private chef is supposed to help you to convince me to marry you I hate cooking" she said, as she started slicing the carrot trying to ignore how close he was. „Shit!" she cursed as she made a cut on her finger. Her finger automatically travelled to her mouth, but she was stopped mid-air by Lorenzo who grabbed her hand and pulled it into a stream of cold water.

"You need to clean the cut first, private chef with zero BHP knowledge? I wouldn't want to hire you as a kitchen help" Lorenzo said shaking his head.

"I worked at your club" she reminded him.

"Another reason why we should start looking for a new manager" he muttered. "He fucked up your background check and clearly didn't noticed your lack of knowledge"

"Hey!" Admittedly his remark made her forget about the wound. "What are you doing?" She asked confused as to why he's looking closely at her wound.

"I'm checking how deep the wound is. Don't worry I have an experience with finger cuts" he smiled reassuringly but she didn't feel reassured.

"Finger cuts or finger cutting?" Clara asked dryly.

"Curiosity killed a cat, dear Clara" Lorenzo whispered a warning into her ear.

Shivers run down her spine but despite this intimidating presence she looked him bravely in the eyes and said "Satisfaction brought it back?"

A small smirk appeared on his lips "Where do you keep the band aids, little mouse?"

"Check the shelf next to the fridge" Clara said. "Thank you" she added as he wrapped the band aid around her finger. "You know, we can always order a pizza" suggested showing him the leaflet of the local pizzeria that was left at her door another evening.

"You want me to eat American pizza?" He looked as if she slapped him across the face for the second time. Clara stared at him blankly clearly not understanding what offended him so much.

Lorenzo sighed and said "Fine, you won. I will cook for you. Stay away from the knives from now on" the last remark was said more like a command than advice.

Clara was in for a treat. She took a deep breath when he took off his suit jacket. Now he was rolling up the white sleeves of his shirt. "Liking what you see?" he asked, seeing that she looked at him intensively.

"N-not at all"

"Keep lying to yourself"

"Thank you, I will," she responded proudly.

"Look how uneven those carrots slices are. You're trying to poison me with raw food, woman?" he complained looking at the mess she made.

"Who died from eating raw carrots?"she deadpanned.

"Hand me a bowl instead of arguing" he avoided answering by giving her another order.

Clara shook her head. That man was way too dramatic. Then she got up from her seat to hand him what he asked for.

"Changing a topic aren't we?" Clara leaned over the counter and now she was watching how he's slicing the veggies. He was moving so fast in a professional manner. It was sort of... sexy. She hated to admit that.

"How do you cut like that without losing your fingers?" She asked with curiosity.

"Want me to show you?" he asked and she nodded in response "Come here" Lorenzo said and Clara did.

He was now standing behind her. "You're holding a knife in a wrong way. Grip the handle with your index finger and keep thumb on the blade." His hands grabbed onto her to adjust her hold. "Curl your fingertips otherwise you will chop off your fingers. Just like that" he was doing the movement for her as he was holding her hands gently.  She noted a silver Rolex on his wrist that probably costs more than this whole apartment. Damn.

"Do you always teach your staff in this position?" she asked, her face flushed. She could feel his body pressed to her back.

"I'm testing new things with you, do you like it?" his warm breath tickled the back of her neck. She shivered.

"I-I will go find a movie or something"

"A movie?" He asked with amusement .

"You want to eat that dinner and what? Talk? Let's watch something" she said feeling embarrassed.

They ended up watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" sprawled on her couch eating a meal.

"How do you like a soup" Lorenzo asked.

"It's-" she was speechless at the heavenly taste "Delicious" she blurted out awkwardly not looking at him.

"I am glad you like it" he smirked.

"I might like your soup but that doesn't mean I like you. Because of you I am unemployed now" she said strictly.

"Why did you get a job at Desmond's club? Don't give me the same bullshit you did the first time we've met"

"It's none of your business"

"It is. But fine Clara, don't tell me. I will find out soon enough. As for your job you can come back to Himeros any time you want"

"No, thank you"

"Have it your way then"

Lorenzo knew Clara wouldn't feel comfortable with too much skin contact so he decided to respect her space during the movie and he felt incredibly pleased when he felt her head touching gently on his shoulder.

She fell asleep right next to him and he couldn't help but want to do everything in his power to keep that woman at his side.