His Future Queen

"What can I get for you?" Clara asked in her customer service voice, she made sure to add extra fake sweetness to it.

"Sit down Clara, we don't need anything" Lorenzo responded.

Clara realized that they fully stocked bar here. Everyone helped themselves already. The woman was not drinking alcohol, just orange juice. She was sitting next to her man who had a glass filled with bourbon just like his brother.

And Clara realized something. Lorenzo fucking tricked her to come downstairs!! That asshole.

She will not be playing his game. She's not here for his entertainment. She pursed her lips into a thin line.

"If you don't need me then, I will be going back to my duties," she said and shortly bowed before turning her back on them.

"Keeping me company is your most important duty right now" Lorenzo pointed out.

"In that case fuck my duties" Clara fired back her voice full of hostility.

A small feminine giggle erupted through the room. "Holy cow. The only person that speaks to Vincentis in that tone is my younger sister Casey" she said her voice displayed sincere happiness.

"Clara," Lorenzo said ignoring Eliana's comment "Once you enter the wolf's den it's hard to leave without explicit permission, you know"

"Are you keeping me hostage here?" Clara challenged.

"Wouldn't be the first time, right?" Lorenzo winked at her.

"Don't remind me," she said through the gritted teeth. God, she was getting angry at the man who was capable of pointing a loaded gun at her head. She started questioning her own sanity.

"Lorenzo, what is she talking about?" the man sitting next to Lorenzo asked, in a cold, quiet voice.

"I will explain everything at the right time, brother. How was your trip to Hong Kong?"

"Excellent considering I signed with them a billion-dollar contract," he said, taking a sip of his drink. His cold eyes shifted towards Clara and she felt like someone threw a bucket of ice-cold water at her. This guy was scary. "Are you going to introduce us to your new friend, Lorenzo?"

"Why of course" he stood up and came closer to her to put both hands on her shoulders "Rafael, Eliana I would like to introduce you to my fiancé Clara Castillo. She's Sirio's Giordano daughter"

"It's pleasure to meet you, Clara"

"Likewise"

"You got engaged?" Eliana gasped "Lorenzo, that's so sudden!"

"She belongs to the Giordano family, you say?" Rafael asked.

"She does," Lorenzo confirmed.

"She's here," Clara said and Eliana smiled again. Her smile was reassuring so Clara felt slightly bolder than usual.

"Clara, would you want something to drink?"

"Mr. Vincenti, I am at my workplace. This situation is uncomfortable to me I want to go back upstairs"

"And I want you to stay. Don't you know the golden rule, the customer is always right?"

"Treat me like a waitress then" she responded sharply

"Would you serve me a kiss, love?"

That was too much for Clara. She didn't realize when she brought her hand up and slapped him across the face.

Wait.

What just happened?

Oh, right. She slapped him.

She was scared and she didn't want to wait for anyone's reaction. "I quit!" She yelled and ran out of the room without sparing anyone a glance.

As the doors closed behind Clara Lorenzo touched his cheek, fascinated by the stingy feeling. Rafael's phone started ringing.

"She wants to leave. What should I tell them?" Rafael asked. It was probably Antonio calling to ask if Clara is allowed to go upstairs.

"Tell them to let her out," Lorenzo ordered and Rafael nodded.

Lorenzo wasn't planning on following her. She needed to calm down, while he wanted to discuss with his brother the current predicament he was in. It was more important now.

"Engagement. I'm proud of you Lorenzo. You're planning to honor grandfather's will after all. I admire that" Rafael said, visibly pleased.

"I like that girl, I'm glad she will be joining the family" Eliana added. She was sitting with her legs crossed on a very comfortable chair next to her husband and she was glad she decided to visit the nightclub today. What a treat to see Lorenzo, a man who was always surrounded by ladies fawning over him to be slapped by a woman. Eliana truly believed that the next time she saw Clara they would become besties. Her sister would love her too. "So how did you both meet?" she asked curiously. Rafael as always a man of few words rarely participated in a discussion, for now, he was just listening.

"She was trying to get the information about the leader of sex trafficking ring while snooping around our club"

Eliana choked on her drink and Rafael had to pat her on the back while sending his brother a deadly glare.

"Why can't nothing be normal in this family" Eliana muttered, rubbing on her temples as if her head started hurting "Rafael, what sex trafficking ring?" she moaned.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with, we're staying away from these people I hope your future wife knows, Lorenzo," Rafael said calmly, having everything under control as always.

"I will make sure she stays away from them as well," Lorenzo responded, determined.

"Why does she need the information about Laffan in the first place?" Rafael wanted to know.

"I am not sure yet. I will find out. I need to learn something more about her before I make the final decision about the wedding but she's fierce, I think I am starting to really like her"

That woman was something else.

"The deadline grandfather gave you ends in two weeks, you don't have much time"

"I know that"

Eliana wanted to know what deadline but she already learned that in this family people just don't answer questions. You either know the answer or don't and she was certain she will sooner or later she will find out.

"I have not made my final decision about it yet," Lorenzo said.

"I should kill you several times already for insubordination and disrespect, take grandfather's offer you have never been a follower, you should have your own people to boss around"

"I like this city and the freedom the current position gives me"

"Power gives freedom and if the offer wasn't tempting marriage would never cross your mind. I know you, Lorenzo, I know you wouldn't tie yourself up to someone without a good reason"

Rafael was right. Lorenzo wanted more. That's why he was so eager to take Giordano's offer. He wanted to be a king and that woman who was buzzing with anger every time he was near her would be his queen.