1st day

"What?!" She gasped realizing that if she wants to hold her end of the deal she has to agree to that.

"You heard your master, lord, and savior, the light of your life. Quit your job" He repeated and winked. Next thing Clara knows he's finishing his drink and getting up to leave. "C'mon I will take you home, princess," he says in a friendly tone.

Lorenzo paid for their drinks as Clara contemplated when will be the best time to strangle him. She should wait until they're somewhere alone. Definitely.

They went outside the club to she saw nice looking car in smoky grey color. It was really elegant and it was no surprise that the Bentley belonged to Lorenzo.

The car ride was awkwardly quiet for her. Lorenzo looked like he enjoyed the silence. Relief washed over her as she spotted her apartment but it was short-lived.

"Aren't you going to invite me for a drink?" Lorenzo asked.

Another drink? Clara wanted to say no and leave but she realized she shouldn't piss him off during the first day of their agreement.

"Come in. Just don't do anything... fishy"

"I can't make any promises" Lorenzo responded with amusement.

Clara was really tired but what she didn't plan was to almost fell when she walked out of the car. She got up too quickly and she started feeling nauseous. Maybe she should've eaten something before she went to work. Shit.

The moment later Lorenzo was next to her. "Hey, are you okay? He asked concerned"

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm fine" this is when her stomach chose to emit loud growling noises. The utter betrayal of her body and embarrassment she felt right now.

"C'mon let's get you something to eat then," he said in a serious voice.

He helped her with her coat.

He was wearing a classic black suit with a black tie and a white shirt.

"I will get you something to drink. What would you like?"Clara asked. For some reason, Lorenzo was already in her kitchen. Did he teleport there?

"What's wrong with your fridge?" He asked.

"What do you mean, is it broken?" Clara asked and jumped to see. The last thing she needed is a broken fridge.

"It has nothing except for some shitty energy drinks" he picked the can of one of her drinks and looked at it with disgust.  "Who are you a middle-aged incel?" He said taking one of the cans.

Sometimes when Clara was spending the whole night or day doing computer work she needed a shitty drink, thank you very much. "Give it back," she said and tried to snatch the can away from here but he was quicker. He tossed the drink into a bin and grabbed his car key.

"What's this you're leaving already?" Clara asked picking the cans out of the trash. Maybe he doesn't like women who drink a lot of caffeine?

"I will be back in 10 minutes. Put that cans back where there belong and don't forget about our deal"

"What? No. Please, don't come back?" Clara said hopefully.

"See you soon" he chuckled and she was about to protest more but he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and it was enough to stun her.

When she heard the sound of the doors closing before him her muscles relaxed. What did he mean by saying that he's going to come back, she wondered.

Her body dropped on the bed and she started staring at the white ceiling of her apartment. She lost her job after her first day. What a disaster.

How is she going to get Desmond now? It frustrated her to no end. She closed her eyes and tried to figure something out but her head remained empty of ideas.

The loud knock on the door. What if she ignores it? No. She couldn't. It's only 7 days, she's going to cooperate and that will give her a chance to move forward. But it doesn't mean she's going to be happy about it.

She opened the door without enthusiasm and then she learned why he left. He has done grocery shopping.

"You didn't have to," she said quickly, her cheeks flushed.

"I wanted to," he pointed out, laying the plastic bags on the kitchen counter. "Now make me food"

What? That jackass! "Aren't you the restaurant owner? You surely know how to cook. Do it yourself"

"Don't be greedy, dolcezza. I went shopping. Besides, my cooking skills are expensive. Do you know how much people would be willing to pay for their meal to be prepared with these hands?" he raised his hands, damn ever his hands was attractive. Clara really hated that man.

"I'm surprised you didn't hire someone to help you carry that big ego of yours. Must be heavy" Clara responded, pretending to be unimpressed.

"I work out a lot. I can handle it" he sent a cocky smirk her way.