Brand New Plan

Clara's relationship with Noah was complicated. It took him some time to forgive Clara for not showing up at his sister's trail.

What ultimately convinced him that she was sorry was Clara's commitment to Sabrina's case. Just like his life was determined by his sister murder so was Clara's. She became the school's outcast, she had no friends, no people to talk to so she lost herself in the virtual world and eventually she became interested in programming, when she learned how to hack she started her own investigation on Laffan. And she found evidence of his illegal activity.

Noah on the other hand joined the police force. He was a young man under the illusion that the case of his sister is an outlier and justice system works.

He hoped that one day he can bring her sister's murder to justice. But the system didn't work. Especially not when it comes to punishing rich and privileged and it was the perfect description of what Desmond Laffan was. Police were corrupted, nothing was being done in time. The way domestic violence cases were treated he could classify as nothing but neglect. This is why when Clara came to him to show him what she obtained on Laffan he did not take action. He knew how it worked. Clara would end up in jail for hacking, Laffan case would be closed as every investigation that concerned him or his business. So he waited and while he did he also tried to keep Clara safe because that was the only thing he could control at the moment.

Right now Noah was sitting at the kitchen table of Clara's apartment drinking a cup of tea while Clara was preparing herself for the first evening shift at the new workplace. Clara's apartment was nice, there were a lot of flowers, the girl loved her plants for sure. There were a lot of light and pastel colors, the furniture was made of light wood, and some parts were painted with white. The place was smiling and it was just one room and the bathroom but it was cozy, he couldn't deny that. Clara would probably be able to afford more if she accepted her father's money but she preferred to pretend that he's not her father and considering her family's difficult history he understood that.

"So you will now be working at Desmond's Nightclub" Noah stated, his voice laced with disapproval. "What about this is a horrible idea you don't understand?"

"Noah! This might be our only chance. I will expose him" Clara said taking a quick sip of her coffee. "I will collect the evidence, film what he's doing, show actual proof" she listed with determination. She was now in her beige coat, and she was putting on her red heel shoes Noah was sure she hated them with passion.

"I don't like that plan. It's dangerous and for the hundredth of time you're not a private investigator, you don't even have a gun permit for fuck sake" Noah said "We should just wait Clara. One day his leg will slip and we will be there. There's no reason for you to put your life at risk"

"That slip might never happen, that is the reason Noah"

"Maybe I should arrest you"

Now fully ready to go out she turned to look at him as if she was seeing her friend for the first time "What?"

"At least in jail you would be safe" He said. He washed the empty cup after himself and put on his brown leather jacket.

"You will lose your license at best for all the times you helped me instead of arresting me" Clara rolled her eyes. "I need a ride by the way" she suggested.

"Brat" he said shaking his head. She knew damn well he wouldn't let her end up in jail.

As Clara was sitting in Noah's car she heard the beep from her phone telling her that she got a next message.

Arturo: Hey, since you're no longer working at the club, would you like to go out with me?

What the fuck.

She decided to ignore it. No, she didn't want to go out anywhere with him. In her opinion he was creepy and not seeing him would be a big highlight of having a new job.