Guess it was time for me to go wake my Pumpkin up.

            I went to the second floor of the cabin, realizing that theirs was pretty nice. Everything was a little more modern. The boy cabin looked like something out of a fish and hunting magazine. This cabin looked more modern.

Janna had told me that Lexi was sleeping in the bigger room, so after peeking my head quickly, I spotted the right one and headed inside. 

I looked around the room. There were a few people still there.

            Daphnee was in her bunk and flipped me off again when she saw me.

            I pressed my lips to keep from laughing.

I scanned the room, taking in the four beds not empty.

            I look to my left, and finally spotted my Pumpkin wrapped in her blanket in her top bunk bed.

I made my way to her.

Her eyes were closed. She looked like she was still asleep.

I rested my arms in the side of her bed and leaned my chin on them, looking at her.

Had she looked at me like this when she'd been in my bed while I slept?

Had she looked at me and realized she didn't enjoy my company anymore? Was this why she had been so distant lately? Or was I just reading into things because I was her needy little bitch?

I was probably just her needy little bitch.

I smiled a little and ran a finger on top of her nose.

Lexi scrunched her nose, brushing her fist balled into her sheet on it.

I smiled even wider and ran my finger on her nose again.

This time she groaned in annoyance, rubbed her nose again. She sighed after that, like this had been a difficult task.

All I actually wanted to do was lean forward just a little more and press my lips to her skin.

But I controlled myself and instead ran my fingertip on her nose again.

She really had a cute little nose.

This time Lexi let out an annoyed breath and opened her eyes with a murderous glare. I wondered what she thought had been annoying her? She'd been kind of half asleep.

With the way her eyes kind of opened wider in panic proved me that she had no idea she'd come face to face with me.

She just kind of gapped at me, speechless while I smirked at her and said, "I need coffee."

Just like that. Just that easy.

Things between me and Lexi really needed to stop being so complicated.

I think I was ready for it. Ready to have her completely reject me or actually admit she had feelings for me. I was done living on the edge of whatever our relationship had become. 

Finally, Lexi unfroze and turned around, showing me her back. "Come back in another life," she groaned.

I wasn't sure if she was annoyed with me, or if she was just her usual grumpy in the morning self.

Either way, I was going to have to fix that.

"Fine," I replied, and started to go up the ladder to her bunk.

Lexi must have heard me coming up, because she turned around, her eyes widening in surprise again.

"Scooch over Pumpkin," I told her, because the bunk bed was small and I had very little place to fit. I didn't care.