96 | kuroo's big mouth

Start from the beginning

"It's only been one evening.." He leaned against the back of his seat, humming in curiosity. "I wonder what changed overnight."

-

Flashback to earlier, a scene during breakfast, which Ymari cooked after Ushiwaka left..

"Aho your mom's scary." Hanuka immediately deadpanned the moment the blue haired boy entered the dining area.

He tch'ed as he sat in front of her. "What? You're a pussy if you—"

"Don't act like she didn't just rat your ass out last night because she saw your subscription to an explicit magazine." Wakamatsu hit the boy's back, laughing as he and the rest of the holy Hakuou trio got inside the dining room.

"There's food in front of you, have some respect." Utsui rolled her eyes at the boys' banter and shoved bacon in her mouth.

Jordan chuckled, looking at Aomine as she drank her second cup of coffee that morning. "I didn't even train with her, but your mom has a really strict training regimen."

He rolled his eyes. " 'Course she does. She always goes on about training, development, and crap. That's all she ever talks about."

"Kise-san's training with us was rather unconventional but effective— I now see why she has the best team in Japan." Inosuke hummed, looking at the Niiyama girls who reddened at the sudden compliment. "She is strict though."

"No kidding, they're all strict" Takemichi groaned, banging her head on the table. "I trained with the carrot-top's mom and—"

"Who are you calling a carrot-top?" Midorima sassed from the dining room's doorway.

Takemichi glared at him while Takao laughed from behind him.

"HAHAHA, she called you a carrot-top, Shin-chan!"

"Urusai, Takao." Midorima sashayed into his seat, with Takao following after.

"As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted—" She cleared her throat, still glaring at Midorima, "— I trained with Sen-san, and I feel like my body's been fed into a titan, but chewed, spat out, and chewed again!"

She frustratedly banged her head onto the table again, making everyone jolt at the movement that nearly sent their plates flying.

"Oi, raise your head, and keep the vulgar words to yourself— you're disrespecting the food." Ryuguji shook her.

"My speed's gotten better though.." Hanuka started talking about her training with Dei Aomine again. "Kasai-san and I went up against each other and I almost got past, which is new."

Kasai, who was upstairs putting her jersey top on, sneezed, making Saito and Seinaru look up. "Bless you."

"I can hold my own against Saito-san now— still can't get a rebound past her, but still, that's a major improvement." Ichigo pitched in.

Saito sneezed, making Seinaru and Kasai look at her. "Bless you."

Utsui hummed in approval of all the improvements they've gotten overnight. "Then I trust you'll win the two games for us today?"