Laser Tag

TW// DRINKING

When I woke up it hit me like a truck. It was the last day of the year. Tonight we were having a little party and we brought fireworks to set off at midnight.

I remembered the date Wilbur had planned. I looked over at my phone to check the time. It was 10:30. Wilbur wanted to leave and 12 so I had enough time to get ready. I slowly got out of bed and went downstairs. The boys were sat at the table wide awake smiling and laughing. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and joined them at the table.

"Can we drink tonight?" Tommy asked.

"I suppose you could have some," I said.

"Wait really!" The boys said excitedly.

"Absolutely not, you guys would go bat shit crazy if you got drunk" I laughed.

They slumped back into their chairs sulkily and Tommy kept huffing in anger. I finished my cereal and took the bowl up to the sink. Wilbur joined me and wrapped both of his arms around my waist.

"Hello gorgeous" He mumbled before pressing a kiss to my head.

"Hi," I said turning around and returning the hug.

We stood there for about a minute before letting go. I missed his warmth but I need to go get ready. I went upstairs and got ready. I did some simple makeup and choose a suitable outfit. It was more casual as we were going to be running around.

When I was ready I checked the time on my phone. 11:35. I still had 25 minutes before we left. I scrolled through Twitter liking fanart and laughing at Quackity and Karl's thread about whether peanuts or cashews were better. It was a dumb argument and Quackity said some very explicit things about peanuts.

I closed the app and headed downstairs. Wilbur was waiting on the couch. Once he saw me he got up and we went out to the car.

"We're going now guys, don't burn the house down" Wilbur shouted.

"No promises big man" Tommy shouted back before we closed the door.

We got in the car and drove in the direction of the laser tag place. I noticed a cute cafe on the way and made a mental note to stop there afterward.

Once we arrived we got out of the car and went inside. There was an arcade and mini-golf inside as well as the laser tag. Wilbur paid enough for 3 games and we were informed there were going to be other people playing with us. We didn't mind so we went over to the waiting area and waited for the current game to finish.

When they were done everyone was taken to a small dark room and we were shown a video explaining all the rules. We learned that if you were tagged you couldn't shoot for 10 seconds. Not a massive disadvantage but still inconvenient. Once that was over we went into a room where we could choose our vests. Everyone agreed to do a free for all. I grabbed a Purple vest and went into the room. Wilbur came up behind me and whispered in my ear.

"Person with the least amount of points buys the winner lunch"

I grinned and agreed. I was going to destroy him.

I went into the corner of the massive room and waited for the game to start. The lights dimmed and intense music started playing. A countdown played over the loudspeaker and once it hit 0 I ran trying to find other people. I dodged the obstacles and found a random person hiding in the corner. I shot the gun and their vest and gun were disabled. I ran off and suddenly I heard my vest power down. I looked around and saw Wilbur grinning. He winked and ran behind an obstacle.

I ran after him. He had disappeared so I gave up and found some 4 year old to shoot instead.

--Time skip--