Chapter 66 - The Invitation

Start from the beginning

"This fruits are fresh and delivered last night. Deputy master has personally ordered it for the residence" Jina said smiling.

"All the best thing arrives at our residence first before it go to market. It's not wonder that father has duch connection with peoples" Pari replied.

"Young miss also has contribution in this matter. Most of those peoples whether they are officials from court or marchent they are all crazy for miss's looks. They even flatter Deputy minister to have a look on you" Jina peeled the apple as she talk.

This kinds of words really flatters Pari's heart. Her heart swell with pride.

"Don't talk nonsense, it has father's hard work and contribution more so the biggest credits should be one father's side. Jina, if I hear you say such things again then I won't forgive you easily"  Pari, though she is flattered, she couldn't take the credit freely. She have to act as a proper daughter so she threw all the credit to her father.

Suddenly there was a laughter in the room. Both Pari and Jina startled hearing it. Deputy minister walked in with a smiling face.

"I knew my daughter is sensible and understanding. You really made me proud" he said complementing.

Pari get up from the chair and smiled "father is flattering. I am just using what father has been teaching me all these years"

Deputy minister nodded with satisfaction "I heard you invited the assistant officer?

Pari nodded "yes, that day during dinner, some misunderstanding happened and affected the peaceful environment and warm relationship. So I have decided to arrange a lunch feast with my few female friends. As fall has started, we also can enjoy a good scenery so it is a best time to mend the things left behind. Does father agree?"

Deputy minister nodded again "you are smart enough that I don't need to interfere in your matter. But where are you arranging the feast? Father will help you invite the best chefs"

Pari smiled "thank you father, I have decided to arrange it in Fall Side Restaurant tomorrow"

"Good choice of place. You can interact with others and also get closer to the assistant officer in mean time. I have a feeling that she is quite handful" Deputy minister frowned.

Seeing that Pari replied "don't worry father, I won't let you down this time"

Deputy minister nodded "good, I will invite the best chefs in Fall Side Restaurant tomorrow for your feast"

"Thank you father"

After that they chatted for a while before deputy minister left the room. Pari turned around and sit down on resting chair again.

"Jina go and invite my step sister too"

Jina on the side frowned "young miss want to bring second miss too?"

Pari nodded "why not? Even though she is my step sister, but she is still father's legal daughter with her mother being a mistress of deputy residence. Her status is also high like mine. If it was not for my beauty I fear that she would have suppressed me long time ago. Can't you see she is also a good beauty"

"But ..about miss's plan?"  Jina hesitated.

"It won't effect if Lina goes or not. Besides there will be my other female followers too. So having her there won't change anything. It's all about a lunch feast and it is not a main scheme too. Just a first base, so you don't have to worry about it. Now go and invite her too. Tell her to be ready by 10 tomorrow morning. We will leave together. I don't want others to talk about me being a ruthless sister" Pari waved her hands.

"Yes" Jina nodded then left.

Pari grabbed a piece of sliced apple and shoved it in her mouth. Tomorrow will be good day. Thinking, she smiled more brightly.

————

Later that night, Manik returned late, it was already passed dinner time. Nandini looked at the person who looks exhausted today.

"Your majesty looked exhausted today"

Manik nodded "meeting with the court members of Patchal is quite tiring. I never knew their matters are too different from Samrat"

Nandini frowned "Patchal has different rules in court? But even though they are claiming to be differ from the capital, Patchal is still officially related to Samrat. They have no rights to change rules and regulations of court"

"Yes but they are trying to rebel. They wanted to show that Patchal can hold themselves up without the help from capital. In actual fact they wanted to claim that, they don't need support from Samrat and want to officially announce that Patchal has separated" Manik sighed.

"Looks like, the matter is too complex than we imagined" Nandini uttered. She was sitting on couch.

Manik removed his outer coat before moving to her side. He sit down on couch and looked at her.

"You looked worried"

Nandini looked at him "I am worried this matter will take much time to solve, I want to leave this place as soon as possible"

"Why are you in so hurry? Are not you the one who wanted to support me in this matter?" Manik raised his eyebrows.

"I do of course. It's just Maya is pregnant in the capital. And since I married I never got the chance to meet her. Besides for a pregnant woman, it's good to have more people around her" Nandini told.

Manik chuckled then he moved his body to lay on couch and placed his head on her lap "don't worry, I have planned it already to take down those people. It won't take time as you think. You can relax"

Nandini sighed and stroke his silky hair gently before smiling "since your majesty has decided then I will follow till the end"

After that the room fell in utter silence as two two people inside the room enjoying the quietness.