At ISAC

ఌఌ

"Proud"

"Proud"

requested by scarletsecret2538

After a three year gap of not attending ISAC, BTS made their return in the recent episode on 20th November. ARMYs, netizens and even many other fandoms wanted see Kiki participate in the ice skating event together with Sunghoon. Finally, BTS made their comeback on ISAC again. This time different from three years ago. Kiki practicing ice skating in her spare time with Sunghoon, she was excited for ARMYs and others to see her skate once again.

When it was finally her turn to step on stage, the nerves hit her again. Not only has it really been way too long since she last skated in front of so many people, but also ever since she fainted in the bathroom a few odd months ago, a hollow feeling has set inside her.  Even though she was fine, she felt incomplete. Every time a camera panned her way, anxiousness prickled her skin. The boys were all by her side through this, helping her, calming her. Yet today, today was an event Kiki has looked forward to. She wanted-needed to be on the ice again. Pushing the nervousness behind her, Kiki smiled, trying to calm herself as she grabbed her skating shoes. Sending one look at the boys who gave her silent encouragements, she went into the changing room.

"Noona, you good?" Sunghoon asked, a cheeky smile plastered across his face.
"What's with the smile?" She asked, looking down at her outfit hung on the rack and glancing back at him. Trying to not make eye contact after the sudden question .
"You looked nervous...don't worry i'm sure you'll do very well." He added, Kiki smiled but also wondered if she really if that emotion was hung too heavily across her features.
But then, Kiki narrowed her eyes watching the younger boy before her. She knew Sunghoon normally doesn't ask this, even when she was really nervous Sunghoon preferred to ignore the nervousness and focus on remembering the moves.
"I grew up with teenagers, tell me what are you hiding." She said, sitting down next to him.
"Well, it's a competition noona. Me against you. Winner gets to get a play station!" He exclaimed, eyes shining with anticipation.
"Play station?" Kiki asked, creasing her eye brows at the thought. "You can have it, I really don't need another one." Flexing the fact the boys has three of them at their house Kiki smiled, waiting for Sunghoon's reaction.
"Noona!" He wined, staring to move around in the sofa only to be stopped by the stylist who was doing touch ups on his hair.
"You can have it!" Kiki shouted before she was wheeled over by her own stylist.
"Come on then Kiki, let's get ready."

Please welcome Park Sunghoon and Park Kiri to enter the stage...

Cheers went up in the audience, as Kiki walked out she saw Jimin waving his light stick enthusiastically at her. The rest cheered and threw their hands up cheering her on. Sighing, she bowed before smoothly getting onto the ice rink. As soon as her shoes touched the cold stage, a familiar feeling came rushing back to her. Yet, the feeling of nervous and dread slowly rose in her stomach. Ignoring the feeling, she started to warm up spinning on the ice. Looking out the glass, she caught the eye of Namjoon who smiled at her. "Good luck" was mouthed to her from him. Taking a deep breathe she circled back to the centre point.
Lifting her head up, she made eye contact at the MC who waited for her to nod to indicate when to start playing the music. Calming herself one last time, looking out the glass the boys were still there. Giving her the encouragement she needed to get this through with. Looking back at the MC, Kiki nodded.

"So are you happy now?
Finally happy now, are you?"

Eight, a song she dedicated to herself and her members. Indicating the bond between the eight of them that can't be broken. Seeing a shocked smile appear on her hyung's faces was all Kiki needed to be assured to continue her show. Skating around the rink, twirling like she practiced. Hearing the cheers rise up through the crowd she smiled. Determination coating her face, the Kiki everyone knew was back.

After her show, Sunghoon rushed up clapping and cheering with everyone else.
"Nervous?" She asked, winking before leaving the rink.
"Nervous indeed, you set a very high standard." Sunghoon laughed before skating onto the rink, living up to his "ice prince" nickname.
His performance was top tier too, shouts and calls of support were heard from everyone. Kiki also clapped and cheered enthusiastically behind the rink. When the camera panned to her she raised her hands up and mouthed "go sunghoon" with her lips. After the camera left, it was then did she realise- she felt normal. She didn't feel they cold dread that pushed her under she felt for the past few weeks. She felt good to be back on camera, she felt-felt confident. Soon Sunghoon has finished his breathe taking show. Just as he was getting off the rink, the crowd started chanting asking Kiki and Sunghoon to skate together. Glancing at Sunghoon, who was flustered with the sudden attention only hung his head down looking at her.
"You ready to perform?" Kiki asked, a nod from Sunghoon was all they need before skating to the middle of the ice rink and positioning themselves.
"On 3-." Muttering quietly, their hands automatically found a place next to eachother. Even through the jokes, Sunghoon knew Kiki well enough to understand she was indeed more nervous than she normally is this time round. "You'll do amazing.." Breathing out quietly beside her ear, Sunghoon said. Kiki caught on the sentence before the loud music filled the stadium.
The performance was breathe taking, it was something out of a movie. Their moves were clean and sharp when needed, but not losing the smooth and curved movements.  When the music finally stopped, cheers rang through the stadium. Fans stood up and clapped at the scene that was done by the two idols. Out of breathe, they both bowed before finally leaving the rink.
"Good job!" They both said to each other at the same time, smiles plastered across their faces.
"You two, come back stage!" Lina said urging them to step out. Nodding in her direction the pair rushed out of the spotlight.

"KIKI-AH!" Jin's voice was heard as soon as she entered the room. Immediately Kiki leaned into for a hug, a soothing hand pressed down on her head patting gently. "You did so well." Breathing in his comforting scent, she relaxed.
Yoongi appearing from behind the curtains, grabbed a coat from the hanging rack as he walked out towards them.
"It's winter, too cold. Wear the coat alright?" A nod was sent his way as she reached for it.
"Sunghoon-ah, you should wear something too." Glancing at the flushed young man behind her Kiki laughed, not understanding why he was still so shy in front of the other boys.
'Thank you noona." He said, before Iseul the stylist handed him a fur coat too.
"Come on then, the rest is still waiting for you to win the ribbon dance for us." Jin said, grabbing onto her hands and leading her out.
"Hyung, I need to say bye to Sunghoon first." She said, before Yoongi pushed through the door with Sunghoon behind him.
"Bye Kiki Noona!" He said, waving.
"Bye Hoonie~" She said waving back, before Yoongi nodded at Sunghoon and shut the door.
"Alright, ribbon dancing time!" Jin said excitedly.
"Why do I think your more excited than me?" Kiki asked, eyeing Jin weirdly.
"Maybe because I am.." He answered before slipping back into the camera's view.
"Hyung what do you mean!" Kiki shouted, only to be pulled back by Yoongi telling her the camera is now rolling. Silently nodding to him, Yoongi smiled and let go walking side by side with her back to their seats.

"Riri you did amazing out there!" Taehyung said, clapping in a circle around her face.
"The spin, did you see that spin? You have to teach me someday." Jungkook gushed, mimicking the spin with his fingers.
"I can't believe you hide that landing trick from me, I thought you promised me you'd teacher me everything that looks cool in ice skating." With a Pout hanging on his lips Jimin said. Kiki only nodded, agreeing to teach them next time.
"How did you get so good in skating, at this point I can't even walk.." Hoseok said, cringing at the memory of himself falling.
"Hyung, I'm sure you'll improve over time." Smiling at the compliments being sent her way, Kiki felt proud of herself. For the first time in a long time she felt proud. Call her an attention seeker, call her needy but deep down for everyone once in a while reassurance is needed. Especially for someone who is surrounded by unwanted attention, attacks for personal space and hate. Namjoon, looked at Kiki, realising what she was feeling extended his hand for her to hold.
"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Smiling he tightened the hold on Kiki's hands.
"Thank you." Whispering softly back to him, she smiled.
A real smile, a smile with no emptiness, a smile with real happiness.

AN:
you guys sorry for not updating for so long!! i spent so long editing and rewriting this chapter. i literally changed so many things last minute 🤦‍♀️
anyways, christmas is coming!  For everyone else who made requests, they will be done soon!

till next time ~