Act Twenty-Six: watching the stars

Davina laid in her bed, Isaac next to her

Davina laid in her bed, Isaac next to her. And Deja passed out in Davinas bean bag chair. Davina has been having trouble sleeping since everything that's happened. Stiles has been having nightmares, making Davina worry even more.

Isaac sensing something was wrong looked down towards Davina, her eyes shut closed tightly. "Davina?" Isaacs voices was smooth and calming. Said girl opens her eyes slowly, looking up to see Isaac who was playing with her hair. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's cool." Davina lies, Isaac nodding as he knew Davina wasn't being honest with him. "Just not as tired as I thought." Isaac sucks in a deep breath,

"Do you trust me?" Isaac ask, a evil smile playing on his lips.

"yeah...sometimes. Not right now." Isaac smiling at the response. Him standing up taking Davinas hand and quickly leaving the house. "Isaac... where are you taking me?"

"Uh... it's a surprise." Isaac throws Davina on his back, as he takes off running. Davina burying her face on his back. After a few minutes the two come to a stop, Isaac letting Davina down. Her eyes still clutched together. "You can open your eyes."

Davina slowly opened her eyes to see she was standing in a field. Her eyes filling with awe. The field was freshly cut, and flowers were blooming. Not that she could see many due to it being dark out.

"Come on, let's watch the stars." Isaac stated as he dropped to the ground, him looking up at the sky. Which was clear, a million stars to be seen. Davina took the spot next to him, her looking up at the stars and her heart clutching. Isaac interlaced the two of their fingers. A blush coming on both of their faces.

<<<•>>>

"Isaac? Where were you last night?" Scott quizzes, Isaac freezes as he thinks back to last night. Him and Davina stargazing for awhile to she eventually fell asleep for the first time in days.

"I was with Davina..."  Isaac says cautiously, Scott nods as he takes in the new information.  "I-is that okay?" Isaac ask due to the suspicion look on Scott's face.

"No,no. It's fine. You can hang out with whoever." Scott rolls on the back of his feet.

"... Do you hate me?" Scott looks taken back by the question.

"No, of course not." Scott exclaims. And Isaac nods, not fully believing it

"Do you want to hit me?" Scott's eyes go huge at the question. "I think you should hit me." Scott instantly begins protesting.

"Why would I want to hit you? You didn't do anything, did you?" Isaac gets stuck looking for words.

"No. I mean, um... What do you mean? Like stargazing? Because no..." Isaac mutters, and Scott's eyebrows furrow at the last part.

"I mean, like, you didn't kiss her or anything, right?" Scott felt protective over Davina. She was his sister after all.

"No! Absolutely not. No." Isaac stated rather quick.

"Did you want to?"

"Oh, yeah. Totally."

"You know that's my sister right?"

"I'm- I'm aware."

"Good."

<<<•>>>

The pack sat at a picnic table, them talking about the effects of the previous sacrifice. Davina was having trouble focusing on the situation while other things cloud her mind. she was pulled out of her thoughts as she sees someone approach the table.

"Hi, sorry... I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about... And, I think I actually might know what you're talking about..." the girl awkwardly starts, scott's face brightened up by a little bit. "There's a Tibetan word for it-- it's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death."

"i'm sorry, who are you?" Davina ask genuine. the stilinski girl confused,

"Kira." everyone's eyes flash over to Scott, a smirk began playing on Davinas lips. "she's in our history class Davina. maybe if you weren't sleeping you would of noticed." Scott says with a joking tone.

"So, are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" the strawberry blond ask with a sly tone to her voice.

"Either, I guess... But, all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful or wrathful deities." Kira explained to the group, Isaac and Davina making eye contact.

"Wrathful deities? And what are those?" the lahey boy ask what everyone was thinking.

"like....demons!" Kira said,

"Demons. Why not?" stiles stated tiredly. Davina put her head in her hands.

"Hold on-- if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" the argent girl ask curious.

"death. you die."

"well, i'm Davina by the way."

<<<•>>>

Davina was laying down in her bed, her eyes staring at the ceiling above her. the girl getting lost in her thoughts again all till stiles barges into the room.

"V! come on, we're going to find a dead body." stiles says like it's a normal activity to do.

"wait what?" Davina ask sitting up slightly. "No. i'm not you can. have fun, don't make the same mistake scotty did."

"vina come please." stiles begs. Davina rolls her eyes as she flops back down on her bed. "you're not going to come...are you?"

"nope. you're wasting time, go look for a body." Davina tells stiles, "it's kinda like history repeating itself isn't it."

"what v?"

"hm? nothing."

<<<•>>> 

A/N
sorry i haven't been publishing just have a lot going on. but here's a quick chapter since it's christmas

merry christmas!!