{42}- Advance Onto the Stage | Water Gate City

ابدأ من البداية

Yes, we have a steam engine.

I unlocked Titanium in the past few days, and the things I can make with the awesome material is just endless. I even made a new pair of glasses for myself, which I thought was quite cool.

The steam engine was pretty easy to make. I've seen a diagram of it before and I understood it's basic components, which is basically just using the built up water vapour push a valve that would move the machine. By using some nice fire stones that I managed to stabilize, our carriage vehicle was a go.

Halfway there, I switched Fulgenta out, and had the carriage move on its own with the engine. Fulgenta was tired since she did carry me for a few days now, so she slept in the back wagon prepared for her as I ruffled her fur slightly, soothing her into sleep.

Sphinx decided to once again attach herself to me as a sign of affection, and this time I accepted it, somewhat. I held her in my lap as I told her stories while she listened intensively.

Elsa was knitting dolls for Meili in the back, Omega was reading a book that we found somewhere, Yae was sleeping, and Colette and Palmyra were chatting about the new stuff they learned recently.

With those antics continuing for a while, we eventually reached the Water Gate City of Priestella.

************************

"Hello, please identify yourselves." The border checkpoint guard said to me as Fulgenta glanced at him a bit menacingly, causing him to flinch. Calming my ground dragon down, I showed a letter of the various guilds of Lugnica's support on my travelling. After taking a look at the contents, his eyes lit up as if I did some divine miracle.

"You're... the Liberator? Please! Come in right now, sorry for my attitude back there! I am a huge fan and I'm amazed by your actions. Can we perhaps chat sometime?"

What is this fanboy attitude? The hell?

Okay, I knew I made a name for myself since it was quite necessary for the events in Arc 5, but to think that it spread so far...

"Sure." I maintained my calmness, and spoke to the guard cautiously, somewhat. "What's your name? I'll be sure to remember it when I have time."

"Oh, my name is Inkal, Liberator-san. See you around, then!"

After leaving the excited guard behind, we ventured into the streets on our carriage. Due to its exotic looks, I was approached by many merchants, but I just told them that this was a new prototype of the carriage. "The rest of the information resides with Russell Fellow, leader of the merchants' guild. I have been informed to not leak any details, sorry."

Hehe. Special Tactic: Responsibility Diversion.

Isn't that just pushing your responsibilities away?

Ah! Chid-chan! Please notify me next time before you engage in mental conversation with me, that scared me a little.

That... scared you? You're exaggerating...

No really, I was indeed a bit spooked.

You're lying, Y/N... hmph...

Aya... don't get all worked up over this, okay? I'll go buy you some new novels to read here, Chid-chan, so cheer up!

Really? I thought you were out of money by donating resources?

Nah, I obviously had my own private stockpile, you know?

"Come on!" I said as I hoisted Omega onto my shoulders, giving her an elevated view of the city as Sphinx struggled to not hit Omega out of jealousy. Seriously, she's a real vinegar pod. Chinese reference if you don't get it. (A/N)