107 | Third Protectors

THREE DAYS. IT TOOK Max three stressful days to finally finish his suspension. And after all the community service - and the hurtful things that other white uniforms would throw at him here and there - Max finally walked down the hallway wearing his brooches with pride. And as the vice president promised, Max didn't lose 1000 merit points.

     "I can't believe I'm finally done with my suspension," Max tells Ari, Felix, and Ervin while the three of them walked their way to the Great Hall to eat their lunch.

     Max received his brooches yesterday, and Cj was also able to wear his black uniform again. And even though they had a somewhat heated discussion in the clinic, the two of them didn't act awkward with each other. Cj still treated him like how he's been treating Max, and Max did the same. There was no point ranting over Cj's rotten personality now.

    The truth is, the biggest mistake Max ever made regarding Cigarettes was that he secretly compared Cj with Krist and Hans when they were obviously different types of leaders. Another thing was that Max has been with Cj outside of J.S High most of the time, which is the reason why he wasn't able to understand what he really is as a Count.

     After their conversation at the clinic, Max realized that just because he was able to do something for Cj, it doesn't mean that he will be bowing to him like Hans and Krist did.

     But that realization also made Max understand something crucial.

     Cj has made it clear that he will never bow to him, but Max saw that Cj doesn't really have to bow to him for Max to conquer them. Cj wasn't the type of leader that was going to bow to anyone and Max was going to respect that. There are still other ways to fully conquer them.

     "What's lunch going to be anyway? I'm starving," Ari says as he drapes his arm around Felix's shoulder.

     "It's probably something with soup. They usually alternate the dishes," Max answers since he worked at the kitchen with Cj for three days.

     His three friends looked at him, but then Ervin chuckles and teases, "Seeing you serve food for us made me realize that life can really be fair sometimes."

     Ari and Felix laugh, and then Max jokingly hits Ervin by the shoulder.

     When the three finally arrived at the Great Hall, they walked straight to their table where Jokers and BND were already waiting.

     "There's my little toy!" Krist excitedly says as they arrive at their table.

     Rome then stands from his seat and runs to where Max is to hug him. "I miss you so much! It pained us to see you working in the kitchen all day. One of the students even threw food at you so I got so pissed, but Hans told us not to do anything so all we could do was watch in agony."

     "Don't make me look like the bad guy all of a sudden," Hans suddenly says, making Max chuckle.

     As Rome finally lets go of Max, the three of them went back to their seats.

     "So, how's working with Cj? I bet he was a total pain in the ass. After all, that guy knows absolutely nothing about working with others. He's a selfish prick," Brave suddenly says before slurping on a juice box that he stole from one of the white uniforms.

     "He was actually fine," Max answers, making the brotherhoods look at Max like he said something distasteful.

     "Fine? You mean Cj? The Cj who dumped cold soda at me when he didn't like the flavor that his homeboy bought? That Cj?" Red asks, honestly surprising Max.