97 | Take What's Mine

DOZENS OF PRESS WERE waiting outside the main building of Sinclaire Corporation. An insider revealed that today, November 9, 2023, Thursday, at exactly 2:00 PM, the board of directors, CEO Jean-Paul D'Amboise, and chairman Denzel Sinclaire himself will have a private meeting with the chairman of the Mills Tobacco company and the nine corporal stockholders that are under him.

     As reported, Max will also be at the meeting, but what the press doesn't know is that Marcus Thompson, the illegitimate son and the supposedly new heir of the Sinclaire Corp. will also be at the meeting.

     "I can't believe Max actually pulled this off. No one in the right mind would risk the company's future like this, but he did. To have that much confidence, there is no doubt that he's rank 1," Marcus says to himself as he looks out of the window of the car that he's in.

     The man driving for Marcus looks at him through the rearview mirror and tells him, "The guards messaged me earlier and told me that the main entrance is filled with the press. I'll have to drop you at the back, sir Marcus."

    Marcus takes a deep breath and fixes his necktie before looking at him. "It's fine. Even if you drop me at the front, no one will know who I am anyway."

     "That's not an option sir. Your sudden appearance might spark rumors and conspiracy theories so it is best that you remain hidden from the public eye," the driver explained, making Marcus sigh again.

     "My father has been hiding my identity to protect his image, but as soon as something happens, he'll throw me to the press with no hesitation. He's a selfish man after all," Marcus says out loud, but the driver doesn't comment anything about it.

     "Whatever, just drop me anywhere, my appearance doesn't really matter at all. History will be made today and the business world will no doubt shake. I hope you and everyone else who is loyal to my father will be ready," Marcus explains before looking out of the window again.

     They eventually arrive at the company, but as his driver mentioned earlier, they park at the back where four guards were waiting for them. The driver heads out to open the door for Marcus. Marcus then steps out of the car, and the guards instantly touch their chest to bow to him.

    The general public doesn't know about Marcus, but the people that are deeply involved in the business world, especially the people at the Sinclaire Corp. know of him. That's why when he became the new heir, not a lot were happy about it.

     Other than being a son of a mistress, Marcus did not show an ounce of interest in working for the Sinclaire's, which the people at the company did not like. Marcus honestly wanted to live a simple life and maybe get a normal job. He has even considered pursuing medicine or maybe even law. Growing up in an environment like the Sinclaire's traumatized him after all, that's why he swore to himself that he will never stay in such a toxic world again.

     But Max was different. Max was born to rule the business world. Other than being the son of business tycoon Denzel Sinclaire and super-elite Luna Lemieux, Max has the passion, the skill, and the mindset to climb to the top. He wasn't afraid to conquer it all. He was the boy who will make even CEOs bend their knees for him and everyone knew it.

     That's why even at such a young age, people have done everything they can to make sure he falls. He had multiple kidnap attempts and guns have been pointed at him when he was a mere child. People tried to get rid of a boy who had a powerful family background, but they have failed multiple times.

     Today marks another attempt to get rid of him, but this time it was planned by his own family. Regardless of Denzel's reason, he still took Max's inheritance away. He was still willing to throw away Max's hard work and sacrifice with the illusion that it will somehow protect him. But Denzel was wrong. Taking Max's inheritance wasn't going to protect him from the numerous attempts that had already happened to him and will still happen to him.