Ivan cuddled his mate closer as they both relaxed. Karter's eyes drooped and in no time he was dozing off on Ivan's shoulder. The older also let his body loosen and place his head on Karter's. The Alpha kept his hearing in high alert as his wolf was on a very high protective mode. So far, the 'tests' have been okay, no harm done to anyone but Nicolas was on guard.

Ivan's ear picked up the steps from the hallway and expectedly looked at the closed door which opened, revealing the female Alpha. Ivan tightly smiled at the wolf and lightly shook his mate. "Are the results back?" He quietly asked.

"Yes, Alpha. The results for the scans and the blood tests have arrived." She answers respectfully as other doctors stepped inside the room. Karter's eyes fluttered opened and he stretched a bit as they sat up straight.

"So? What did you find?" Ivan asked while his hand gripped his mate's tightly. He heard Karter's heartbeat going faster as his question made him squeeze his hand in assurance.

"Nothing we weren't expecting." Dorothy answered while occasionally looking at the files. "I'll let Dr. Susan and Dr. Novak explain the finding on the scans." She gestured to the two doctors who stepped forward.

"The scans of the body, right off the bat, looked different but similar. Honestly, we were expecting some of those results." Dr. Novak started.

"Karter Luna's bones are thicker than they should be." Dr. Susan disclosed "The structure of the bones looked very familiar to the pups who freshly shift. So, as you may know, when a werewolf pup shifts to their wolf forms, their bone density, and thickness grows by 0.25. It is the same case for werewolves who are born in their wolf forms and shift to human forms at the age of 5." She explained further.

"We anticipated this after we saw the transformation at your mating ceremony." Dr. Novak picked up. "That was one of the theories."

"We were informed that Luna Karter was definitely injured in the head and some bleeding was also spotted." Dr. Davis asked, who they remembered as the doctor responsible for the blood work. He raises his brow at them after looking up from the file. Ivan nodded his head to answer the question, his hand still clutched tightly with Karter's. "He was, however, healed in minutes which is close to impossible considering his rank. Not even Alpha wolves have the ability to heal this quick."

"The blood at first appeared to normal, like any other werewolf's blood. But because we knew about the abnormal healing time, we ran some more tests on it and discovered that the healing process is way more complicated." Dr. Davis said and everyone looked confused in the room except Dorothy.

"How so?" Ivan asked.

"To say in a simple way, the elements in the blood which were responsible for healing were flickering." He finally stated which didn't clear much so he added. "By flickering, I mean that those cells worked like a normal Omega wolf's healing cells for some time. And the other times they were stronger and sharper, way more powerful than an Alpha wolf."

"Unfortunately, they were abnormally strong for a short period of time. For instance, the healing cells were active 'normally' for 30 minutes and sharper for the next 10 minutes." Dorothy added.

So far, Karter was quiet and didn't utter anything. The news was shocking for sure. To hear how his body changed so much and how he appeared to be more of a 'freak' due to such changes. The Omega was able to understand everything they explained until now. He acknowledges that his body is not changing in a negative way, what has happened isn't bad. He just feels different.... and distant. His whole life he wanted to be a normal kid, not the poor adopted Omega. But a voice in his head told him to act like an adult and stop being a pus-