SEASON FOUR, FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
MOTHER MAYHEM

CHAPTER FIVEMOTHER MAYHEM

____________________

Quinn, Dick, and Kory were visiting Conner in the Metropolis Detention Centre, the boy being framed for the sudden death of Lex Luthor.

"I can hear them." Conner started, the boy standing up from his seat in his Kryptonite-powered cell as he solemnly glanced around at the few anonymous guards circulating the cell. "The people outside, what they're saying about me."

Quinn, Kory, and Dick's sympathetic gazes didn't falter from Conner as he walked towards the edge of the cell. "I didn't kill him, Dick. It happened the way I said it did."

Conner referred to the incident of him being present when Lex suddenly coughed up blood and a giant snake, Dick nodding at the words. "I know. We all know."

"We're gonna get you out of here, Conner." Kory chimed in, crossing her arms over her chest as her tone was incredibly serious.

"She's right, you're not supposed to be here." Quinn firmly concurred, placing her hands on her hips as her attention remained on Conner.

"We'll find the people who did this." Dick continued the chain of agreement, nodding determinedly as he spoke.

"I've never seen anything like that. I didn't know that kind of...power existed." Conner shakily answered, the boy still utterly stunned at what he saw. "He was terrified. No one should die like that, not even Lex Luthor."

Dick, Quinn, and Kory shared quick glances, soon redirecting their attention to Conner once again.

Waiting for a moment, Kory broke the brief silence that fell between them, changing the subject for Conner's sake. "How are they treating you in here?"

"Besides the Kryptonite?" Conner huffed a sarcastic chuckle as his tone quickly dropped in fear. "Like I'm a murderer."

Walking towards another side of the cell, Conner continued, his voice progressively getting angrier as he glared at one of the guards. "Like I'm the weapon I was created to be."

Scoffing, he turned to face the trio again. "Lex was right. All it takes is one mistake, and you're the villain."

Dick glanced down at the ground sadly at Conner's words, Quinn's eyes softening at the boy.

"You didn't make a mistake." Kory softly responded, seeking to comfort him. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, Conner." Quinn agreed, her tone sympathetic as she spoke.