SEASON THREE, TWO

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER TWO
RED HOOD

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER TWORED HOOD

_______________________

"I'm so sorry, Quinn, I just...there's too much going on right now, and I need some time." Dick spoke, his tone incredibly apologetic as his desperate eyes searched Quinn's for some kind of emotion, Quinn forcing herself not to cry as she just stared at Dick. "It's not you at all, okay? This isn't your fault. And I don't wanna screw anything up between us, believe me, but I just...I can't right now..."

Dick furrowed his eyebrows as he took a step closer to Quinn, the man holding her hands in his as he continued quietly. "Please, Quinn, say something."

Pulling her hands out of Dick's, Quinn just swallowed, the woman glancing at one place on the wall behind Dick to prevent tears from slipping from her eyes as she responded. "You need...some time..."

Dick gently nodded, the corners of his own eyes stinging with tears as his eyes never left Quinn's.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" Quinn tried her best not to make her voice tremble as her gaze remained trained on the wall, the woman refusing to return Dick's gaze, as if she did, she would break down.

"I was still figuring it out...I couldn't let you down." Dick responded softly, although he knew the outcome was way worse now than it would've been before.

"Okay..." Quinn whispered as she glanced at the ground, the woman swallowing again as she forced herself not to show any emotion.

Anger, mixed with incredible sadness, bubbled up in her body, Quinn unsure why she was angry.

She didn't know why anger was so prominent in this moment, as she knew it was totally okay for Dick to want some time alone, although a part of her hated the fact that they were breaking up.

She just wanted to be with him.

"Fine. I'll move my stuff to my old room tomorrow." Quinn whispered as she stood up and immediately walked out of the room, Dick's distressed gaze following after her as she did so.

"Whatcha thinkin' about over there, Quinny?" Gar started as he sat in the seat in front of the counter, the boy snapping Quinn out of her thoughts as she returned his glance. "I think your tea's strong enough, if that's what you're going for."

Quinn's attention was shifted to the tea she was making, the woman realising that she had the teabag in for awhile.

"Oh, thanks..." Quinn spoke as she put the teabag in the trash and took the milk out of the fridge, the woman pouring a little in the mug and stirring it with a spoon.