SEASON THREE, NINE

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER NINE
TROUBLED WATER

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER NINETROUBLED WATER

_______________________

Finally finishing reordering Bruce's book collection for the second time, Quinn blew out a breath, the woman slightly moving back from the shelf as she placed her hands on her hips and admired her work, her head slightly tilting as her eyes wondered across the shelf.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed one of the books not in place, the woman moving closer to the shelf again and pulling it out as she looked for a place to put it in.

Kory walked in the room, the woman raising her eyebrows at Quinn's focused actions. "Are you still rearranging them?"

Kory's voice caught Quinn's attention, the woman turning around to face her, the book still in her hand.

She glanced down at the book before shifting her gaze back to Kory as she responded, her eyebrows raised. "I just wanna make sure Bruce's books are easy to locate."

At her words, Kory released a breath, the woman crossing her arms as she glanced at Quinn expectedly.

Placing the book down on a table nearby, Quinn moved to sit on the couch, the woman sighing as she did so.

Kory sat next to her and spoke up, her gaze on her best friend. "Quinn, what's wrong? Is it Crane again?"

Quinn shook her head, the woman not meeting Kory's gaze as she quietly replied. "No."

Kory frowned, the woman trying to think of an answer to why Quinn was behaving abnormally.

When she finally came to a realisation, her frown faded, the woman's gaze shifting into one of sympathy as she softly spoke. "It's Dick and Barbara, isn't it?"

Quinn hesitated as she glanced at the ground and ran her hands over her thighs uncomfortably, the woman inhaling a breath before slowly exhaling it through her nose a second later.

"Is that why you've been keeping yourself busier lately? Meeting up with Dylan more?" Kory raised her eyebrows, her gaze remaining on Quinn as she spoke.

Quinn had told Kory about Dylan the day before, not leaving out any details about their friendship.

"I'm just trying to distract myself. The image of them together just keeps replaying in my head." Quinn responded, the woman glancing at Kory as a small, sad smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Maybe if I keep moving, I won't constantly think about it."