Chapter 25: Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves

Start from the beginning

When I finally stepped out of the dressing room, my eyes caught Ms. Ayuri whispering to Kyou. I was about to go near them but Kyou glanced and his face suddenly blushed. They awakened my curiosity! However, I felt a hand that grabbed the back of my collar so I turned around.

"L-Lev?"

"Nyuw~" he neighed. Was that... supposed to be an imitation of a horse?

"Pfft... Have you grown attached to your horse mask?"

"Shh!" He closed my lips with his index finger. "For your information, I did this for you."

"For who?"

He removed his masked and answered, "For you." 

"Eh..?" I tilted my head. "... Oh..! I forgot. Thank you very much!"

I just recalled how I asked them if anyone wanted to be the horse. I almost volunteered that time but Kyou and Lev unexpectedly stepped in. 

"Looks like you're misunderstanding something..."

"Hm?"

He sighed. "... Nothing... Just follow me, I'll guide you to the stage."

"Ah, alright, thanks."

Before starting to walk, I glanced to the back where Kyou and Ms. Ayuri were. Kyou kept on nodding while Ms. Ayuri was slapping the script. That was when a question hit my mind.

Are they... changing some lines?

As I follow Lev's back, my ears could already catch the noise from the audience on the other side of the wall. The majority of them were students because we will present the play in our school for its founding anniversary.

All of our attention was shifted to the emcee because the clatter from the mic echoed throughout the gym.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! For our school's 21st Founding Anniversary, a certain club has prepared a special presentation for all of us!"

I peeked from backstage what the audience's reaction was. I shouldn't have done it because their loud whispers just added to my nervousness. Focusing at the emcee again, she continued.

"Please enjoy the Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves, presented by the Drama Club!"

We were greeted by their claps while the curtain rose, showing the stage where Eris was standing.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess in a blue dress named Snow Blue." Ms. Ayuri narrated. "While Snow Blue was gardening the plants, she met a charming prince... that made her eyebrows furrow."

Zou entered with Lev then Eris shouted,
"What are you doing here on my territory?!"

"Oh, my princess, this is a territory of nobody!"

"You are just not informed. This is mine now so take your horse and leave!"

"Okay," he answered in a monotonous tone.

As simple as that, Zou pulled Lev's leash then exited the stage...

This might be based on the story of Snow White, Ms. Ayuri decided to not follow the original characters' personalities. Crazy, right? But believe it or not, our audiences were entertained.

"And with that, their conversation ended without knowing that the Queen was watching them."

After that narration, it was the time... of my entrance.