Chapter twenty eight

The weekend came quickly around and with that came the party.

"Your friends really let you go through with this plan? It's not exactly full proof." Mom commented as she fixed my hair.

"Aren't mothers supposed to be supportive of their daughters' decisions?" I looked at her through the mirror.

"Most mothers, yes. I, however, tell you when you're being stupid, like now." Mom smirked.

I glared at her. "Look, as long as nothing goes wrong this is going to work. I promise."

"Have I not shown you enough movies? Everything always goes wrong!" Mom threw her hands in the air.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not living in a movie." I retorted, standing up out of my chair. I touched my sky blue dress and flipped its underside. There I could see the light purple fabric, waiting to be worn.

"As good of a sewing job as Sunhee did, I still think that telling them is a much better idea."

"You and Haneul both." I sighed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Mom rolled her eyes and hugged me. "I hope you know what you're doing, Jia. If this fails...there may be no getting your relationship with your brothers back."

"It won't fail." I smiled at her. It can't fail, I desperately thought.

Mom kissed my head. "Alright then, I'll meet you at the party then. Both of you, I guess."

I gave her one last look before she closed the door behind me. I sighed and opened my phone. I noticed a few texts coming from the group chat.

Sunhee: Everything is set up in the storage room

Haneul: Can we please rethink this before we go through with it?

Minjun: Since when have you become the voice of reason?

Haneul: Since the beginning of this situation! This only has one ending and it's not good for any of us!

Jihun: Doubter

Haneul: I'm not a doubter! I just want to live and not have BTS out for my head for the rest of my life

Jihun: They wouldn't be out for your head

Jihun: They'd be out for Jia's

I decided now was a good time to chirp in.

Me: Love the support Haneul and Jihun

Jihun: Anytime

Sungjae: Jia, we are all just trying to look out for you and make sure nothing bad happens

Ari: I have to agree with them, you are taking a big risk not just with them but with OneDream too. What if a reporter follows you when you change and sees who you are? Do you think it will take long for everyone else to piece it together? You only hang out with seven other people and our band happens to be six plus one!

Mina: I have full confidence in you Jia!

Me: Thank you Mina!

Minjun: Oh shut up Mina! We all know you just want to win the bet!

Me: Ouch Mina!

Mina: Jihun started it!

Jihun: No I didn't!

Sunhee: Before we start another kindergarten fight, Jia, are you positive you want to do this?

I bit my lip and took a deep breath.