Chapter twenty four

End of the month: Jia's POV.

"I always feel bad when I see the price of some of our merchandise because I think some people won't be able to afford it." Jihun commented as he scrolled through his phone. "But then they go and buy us a piece of the moon for our birthday and I just pray no one stole a bank."

I laughed before my eyes widened at his sentence. "Wait what?! A piece of the moon?!" I looked over at his phone and there was a tweet talking about Jiyoung's birthday celebration and her gift which was apparently part of the flipping moon. "Ugh! I thought we were very clear about no expensive gifts!"

"It's cute you thought that would work." Mina gave me a side glance. "They show their love for us by doing crazy things like this."

"It's not necessary! We know they love us!" I whined.

"Jia, you have a piece of the moon under your name. Most people would be happy about that. Then again you are a strange girl." Haneul added as he tried to flip a bottle.

"It's under Jiyoung's name." I corrected him.

"Actually, they left a space to fill out your real name whenever we decided to tell them." Sunhee gave me a small smile.

"Now that's getting the job done right!" Minjun spoke with his mouth full of chips.

"Can we stop talking about my birthday?" I asked, sitting down on the ground.

"You're still not on the whole 'my birthday isn't important' thing are you?" Sungjae asked with raised eyebrows.

I nodded and they all groaned. "Oh Jia, come on! This is your sweet sixteen! You have to celebrate this one!" Ari persuaded.

"No, you guys know that birthdays have never been anything special for me." It was true. For the past sixteen years I never had a normal birthday celebration like most kids. In the first years my dad was here with me, both him and mom would be too busy to celebrate my birthday. There would be a small celebration at night that consisted of a small cake and singing. Once he left it was even harder to find a time to celebrate. Mom would either be in school or working but did her best to give me a little something. Once she graduated and had more free time, I lost my free time because I became Jiyoung. Ever since then, I've had more birthday festivities but it still wasn't important to me. As much as my friends tried, it never worked.

"Jia, you can't just always have your birthday not be a big deal. You have eight new people in your life who I'm pretty sure want to celebrate the day you were born." Sunhee argued.

"It's a good thing they don't know the day then." I folded my arms proudly.

"MINA WE TOLD YOU TO STOP GIVING HER IDEAS!" Sungjae randomly yelled at Mina who blinked at him in confusion.

"It wasn't her idea, it was mine." I defended her.

"Not every rebellious idea is mine!" Mina scoffed playfully. "Jihun has a whole bunch of them."

"This is true." Jihun finger gunned me.

I rolled my eyes. "If they knew they would turn my birthday into a whole big thing. I don't need both my lives to have big birthday celebrations. Besides, how else will I be able to do all the birthday celebrations Jiyoung needs to do. Like go live?"

"Don't you think they'll piece it together eventually. Birthdays aren't exactly the easiest thing to hide, you know." Minjun stated the obvious.

"I'll cross the bridge when I get to it." I waved his concern off.

"We vote, you tell them." Ari raised her hand along with everyone else.

"I vote I don't and my vote is worth like ten people."