Chapter 6: Alpha

Night falls as Tadayoshi and Tracer arrives at a large warehouse that is outside of the city which they find no one guarding the place

Tracer: This is it!

Tadayoshi: Yeah... still how did you not know this is where he was?

Tracer: Because I never saw the base, all I remember before getting hypnotized is chatting with demi-humans that try to convince me to join them!

Tadayoshi: Fair enough...

They both walk into the warehouse to find it dark and empty. They look around to find the place quite open and large for a warehouse

Rachel: Tadayoshi and Tracer, get yourself prepared! We're getting a lot of heat signatures around you guys!

Tadayoshi: Don't tell me that they're-

Suddenly the lights flicker on as they see the demi-guards blocking off every entrance around the warehouse and pointing their weapons at them. Tadayoshi and Tracer quickly pull out their weapons and looks around their surroundings

?: So you've finally made, Agent Black and the traitor!

They quickly turn behind them to see a light flashing on a demi-human sitting on something but they couldn't see through the dark. The Demi-Human is very old but was muscular, had a fire-like hair color which was the same with the long beard, a leather jacket, ripped pants, and steel toe boots.

Rachel: So that's the one trying to expose us? Quite old for a leader

Tadayoshi: So you're the leader of this group?

Alpha: That's correct, call me Alpha!

Rachel: Alpha...

Tracer: You know him?

Rachel: I think I've heard of that name before... hang on!

Alpha: And your name?

Tadayoshi: Tadayoshi...

Alpha: Tadayoshi eh... *looks at his hair* And a Forgotten... now this is interesting...

Tadayoshi: So what if I'm a Forgotten?

Alpha: Nothing, I have no grudges against a Forgotten... especially when I was once was

Tracer: What?

Alpha: You think I want to destroy the Guardians for no reason? Well you are wrong

Tadayoshi: Of course you have a reason, reasoning is what motivates a person...

Rachel: I remembered! He was my grandpa's closest friend!

Tadayoshi: ... So that what's it is... you're getting revenge on the old man...

Alpha: You're smarter than you look... you're correct, this is for revenge!

Tracer: So all this trouble and especially trying to get people to join you was just to get revenge on a friend?

Alpha: You don't get it! No one does! Especially when it doesn't come out of a Forgotten mouth!...

Tracer: What do you mean?

Alpha: ... Many years ago, me and Craig were once a Forgotten... we both had nothing until we both became close friends since everyone looked down upon us because of what we are. Sure, we'd fight, play, argued, but we were still friends... we were like brothers... Being with him was like having something with you and giving you hope that you aren't alone... One day we made a promise... a promise that when we do find a purpose, we do it together and we do whatever that purpose is together!