CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Harleys POV

"So your plan is to scare Ben into confessing or at least getting caught?"

He nods as he sips his drink. Diana gives him the death glare throughout this conversation. Sasha and Perez just listen to everything in silence as for Kali...well she is asleep. The door bell rings and I stand up to answer it, its Lily. She looks up at me with a large smile and Alyssa is right behind her with a small smile. "I've been called in for a business meeting in Germany, so I'm going tonight for it. Can you watch Lily while I'm gone? Ben has gone awol and my mum is the worst at babysitting"

I nod and before I could say anymore, she thanks me and runs to her car not before throwing Lily's bag at me. I bring Lily inside and she immediately runs to the sleep Kali. She leaps onto her lap and smacks her, Kali wakes up in shock then anger ending with humour as she recognises that it's only Lily. "Hello"

"Hello! Mummy Di! Daddy! Can I have ice cream?" She stays seated on Kali's lap as she asks this. Dad watches in surprise yet some other emotions on top.

Leaning in front of her,  Di messes with her hair then smiles, "Sure thing. But not too much" Lily squeals then follows her to the kitchen.

"She looks a lot like you...you looked like that as a child" Dad mumbles then sighs.

Sasha clears her throat which forces us to look at her, "I've got an idea. Call Ben right now. Let's see what he says"

Dad raises a brow but then nods. There's a silence then all that can be heard is the dial tone. Then the sound of Bens low voice, "Hello?"

We all look at my father as his jaw locks, "Ben it's me"

There's an eerily silence, we all look at each other then nervously look at Sasha. Sash mimes something and Dad understands immediately. "This can't be true" Ben mumbles quietly but it can still be heard.

"Ben I'm going to the police and telling them everything. This has gone too far. You have gone too far"

"You shut the fuck up! Just shut up! Don't you dare! I'll fucking kill both your daughters and that wife of yours. I'll destroy your name! You are not ruining my plans old man!"

Sash makes a gesture, her finger resting on her lips indicating for Dad to stay quiet. Dad puts the phone on mute and raises a brow, "Let's get him riled up. We can keep your daughters and wife safe. Just trust me. Tell him you'll call him back" Dad nods at her and waits.

Finally Sash nods again, "I'll call you back Benjamin" Dad ends the phone then let's out a deep breath. We all just sit silently. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks Diana who only just walks back in with Lily.

Di looks at me then at my dad sternly, "Okay"

They both walk away and Lily walks to me, she sits on my lap with her ice cream and smiles. "I love chocolate ice cream!" You can see it on her chin which makes me laugh.

"Ew what's with kids and putting food on their faces?" Sasha says mockingly to her.

Lily rolls her eyes, "Why are you so ugly?"

Now that shocked us all, we all burst out laughing expect for Sasha who actually looked at Lily with amusement.

———

Diana's POV

He walks with me to the garden and clears his throat. As we get further down to the bushes, there's a stone bench. We take a seat and he stares at the sky. I see how much he looks like Harley, he and helena making the perfect blend. "I'm sorry" He mumbles, his eyes still staring at the sky. "I'm sorry for everything. I looked at you inappropriately, treated the whole pregnancy like it was disgusting when in actual fact I was happy for you guys"