CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

Surgeons POV

As we stare at this patient the sound of the beeping can be heard, she's losing a lot of blood and we have a short amount of time to save her. She came in from a car accident, her pulse was barely beating. Her partners face was filled with rage and longing. Something about this patient is making me adamant into saving her.

She broke a rib which has punctured her lung and the bloods filling it. "Her heart rates dropping!"

"We're losing her!" We move around fast, trying our best. Time is ticking and I don't know if we can do this.

———

Diana's POV

The room feels cold, too cold. I can hear voices around me but can't open my eyes. I can't move. I think I'm asleep. I must be asleep. It's been like this for hours? Maybe days? It's scary. Am I dead? As I'm thinking the worst again, the light I see occasionally flashes. But this time I feel some strength to slowly look. The closer I get the clearer the voices.

This is where someone says, "Don't go towards the light" But I have to. It's warming and looks safe. Once I get close enough, my eyes open to be immediately blinded. There's a man looks at me from above, his voice mumbling. Then I can slowly hear.

"Her eyes are responsive to the light, but I don't know if she can hear us"

"I can hear you" My voice comes out hoarse. The man looks at me with shock then relief. As soon as he moves, I look around the room. It's surrounded with people. They all stare at me with pure shock. Then all the memories come flooding in and I immediately wince as I touch my head. The man gives me water and Harley walks towards me with tears running down her face. She holds my hand tightly but I feel too weak.

She looks tired with dark eyes. Kali has tears in her eyes as well, she looks at me in shock. Sasha just looks frozen. Daniel walks towards me and holds my hand. "Is this where you say I've been in a coma for five years?" I mumble. The doctor looks at me with a small smile.

"Just a couple of weeks. It gave your body time to heal but you'll still need a lot more rest. You suffered a head injury and a punctured lung. We nearly lost you but your heart wasn't giving up"

This makes me smile and try to sit up but then I'm washed with a lot of pain. Groaning slightly, the doctor approaches me then looks at my side. "You're going to feel pain for a while, just click this button when it's too much. I'm happy to see your breathing is okay. You weren't breathing on your own for a while. Oh and the baby is okay"

My heart drops as I look at him confused as hell, Harley just looks nervous as she bites her nails. "A baby?"

"Yes you are pregnant. Approximately a month, we found out during your blood tests and examinations. I'll leave you guys to catch up. A nurse should come in soon and the detective here would like to speak to you when you're ready" He walks out with the other thanking him.

Harley starts crying softly with small sniffles as she looks at down on me. "I'm so sorry"

"You didn't do anything...wait what actually happened? I remember you calling me as I drove to Bens"

Sasha's jaw locks and she approaches me, "The driver that hit you drove off. The car had no plates and the drivers were in masks. I put a APB on the car but when we found it, it was abandoned and totally clean"

"You're acting as if we don't know who planned this. Like we don't know who is clearly responsible for this!" Daniel shouts, "That son of a bitch! Fucking Ben"

Kali sighs, "We need to find evidence or get him in the act of doing something"

This entire time, Harley just stays quiet. I look at her and reach for her face, caressing it. "What's wrong?"