CHAPTER THREE

Diana's POV

Kali and Sasha lay down on the floor, "It's a hard-knock life for us! It's a hard-knock life for us!" They sing together.

"You're acting as if I'm giving you a lot to do!"

They both look at me and groan loudly, "It's hell" Sasha says.

"It's two sheets of paper to sign. Next time don't volunteer" They roll their eyes, "Why don't you both go back to your own jobs? Kal don't you have a case somewhere?"

"Very true. But at this point imma let criminals free" She groans and stands up dusting her skirt.

Kali is a district attorney and loves her job. She acts as if she doesn't but she is the best at it and knows it. She tends to help on cases when she cans, she has an eye into finding more information than she is given and tells the detective at the time to look in a specific area.

Then Sasha is a detective, it's adorable but matches her as a person. Her parents are very wealthy and wanted her to go into business school but she preferred going into crime. She acts as if she doesn't perform half the crimes herself. The amount of times us three have been nearly caught breaking and entering, consequences of our friendship. They somehow drag me into this shit.

"Yeah I need to go too, lunch?" Sash says while dusting herself too. We both nod at her and they leave saying goodbye.

As soon as they leave I focus back on my work and the upcoming meetings. There's a knock on my door and then someone walks in. It's frustrating when they don't wait for me to speak first. "Ms Parker we have a meeting at nine. It's with"

"With Lucian. I know. Cancel it. Tell him I'm busy"

He looks at me confused, "But Ms, this meeting has been on hold for a month now and the board have been getting complaints from him" Caesar says in shock. He works downstairs with some of the marketing team. And honestly he is so annoying.

"Caesar I said to do something. Do it!"

"But-"

"NO BUTS. DO IT AND GET OUT!" He scrambled out the room and the door slams. HE SLAMMED MY FUCKING DOOR! God I need coffee. Lisa isn't in today. She got the day off because she's ill. I'll text the girls for us to get coffee when their next free. So we'll just end up meeting up for breakfast and lunch. Thank fuck we aren't too far from each other. The station is around ten minutes away but I just know Sasha will put her sirens on.

After what felt like hours, it's finally break and I quickly make my way out the building. Once I get to the car, I drive straight to our favourite cafe. When I get there I hear sirens and Sasha car parks up next to mine. Then I see Kali drive in on the other side. We all get out and make our way inside. I forget something in my car and tell them to go ahead without me. On the way I bump into someone, "Sorry" I mumble then look up.

Harley. "Well hello Diana"

She smiles brightly and her green eyes shine with joy. It's making me sick. She's dressed as a hobo or something. In grey joggers and a loose white shirt. Her hair is plaster to her forehead from all the sweat and she's wearing vans. I look and see a skateboard in her hand. "Are you a child?"

She looks at me confused but then looks where I'm looking. "Ohhh I love skateboarding, it's a side hobby. A child at heart" She says with a toothy smile.

"And it's Ms Parker" I say sternly.

She rolls her eyes with amusement and walks closer, leaning down to my ear. "Yes Ms Parker" Her voice gave me chills and her lips graze my ear. I push her off and walk to my car, grabbing my keys. I see another car here, a battered old grey thing.