It was a good lie Part 2 -W.M

Start from the beginning

"Do they believe Emma is your girlfriend?" Nat asked.

"We don't know yet." Wanda answered.

"We have to sell it more. Invite her here one of those days. This way they will be way too focused on this charade than to pay attention to us digging in their files." Tony explained some more. 

The next few days, Wanda was spending the night at Emma's place. She didn't want to admit she has fun with her girlfriend, so she will only say that there are worse things she could do. 

"Wanda." Emma starts nervously. "I have to be honest with you." She inhales.

Instantly Wanda's mind goes to the wrong places. There is no way Emma knows about the plan. Right?

"I started to fall in love with you since our first date. And I, I love you, Wanda, with all of my heart" Emma confesses. 

This shocked Wanda. She had no idea that her girlfriend had already developed deep feelings for her  

"You don't have to say it back if you are not ready yet. I just wanted to get it out of my chest." She reassured her girlfriend. 

Outside her team and her family, who sadly wasn't around anymore, no one loved her. Hearing Emma say this made something turn in Wanda. 

"Thank you. Thank you for loving and accepting me." Wanda replied after a few moments of silence. 

"You don't have to thank me for that, love."

That was the first moment Wanda regretted this mission. They were toying with an innocent woman's feelings. 

God, she really hopes this mission will end soon. 

But 'till it ends, she has to stick up with the plan. So, eventually, she introduced Emma to her friends, as she was supposed to in order to maintain this facade. 

Emma instantly be-friend them. She was sweet with everyone and tried to get on their good sides, knowing that they mean a lot to Wanda. 

As time went on, it got harder and harder for Wanda to do this mission. Emma didn't deserve this. 

The girl was way too sweet to Wanda. Every morning she texted her girlfriend something sweet, does romantic gestures and did pretty much anything Wanda can think of. 

Before, Wanda had never received as many flowers as she did since her relationship with Emma. Never actually had someone's full attention, the way Emma acts when she tells a story or complains about something. 

And that is how the guilt starts to settle.

It makes her more frustrated, more annoyed, and less attentive. The guilt transforms into hatred towards poor Emma. It was her fault that Wanda was feeling like this. Before they met, she had no problem doing a mission or playing with someone's mind. But now, she felt so frustrated with herself, with Emma, with the mission. 

She hates it. She shouldn't feel guilty because they are destroying Hydra from the inside. They are doing something good in the meantime. So why does she feel like they are the villains here?

Too much in her head, she tells Emma she is away on a mission so she can have some time for herself.

So, one night she lets her frustrations out and rambles to her friends. She rambles on how she doesn't want to do this mission anymore, that she doesn't want to see Emma anymore, how she is done with everything. She does say some things that make her regret saying them as soon as they are out of her mouth. 

She does get a bit comforted when they tell her it will be over soon. And they have the same feelings as her. They want it to end as well. 

That makes her feel better. So, before she goes to bed she checks her phone cause Emma always texts her 'good night'. But frowns a little when she can't find the text. Shrugging she goes to sleep, Emma must've fallen asleep as well.