104 | Suspended

Începe de la început

     As the so-called ceremony finally ends, Ian and Richard head out first since they said they have a meeting with the other officers on the other Houses. Dustin leaves as well since he has a quiz for one of his classes that he doesn't want to miss even though he's excused.

     "Let me just change my uniform. You can head to the kitchen first. I'll meet you there," Cj tells Max.

     Max nods his head and was about to leave the office, but then Gavriil grabs his arm and says, "Let's talk."

     Max stops and looks at the vice president with a sigh before nodding his head as an answer, so the two heads out of the office too, now leaving Heaven and Cj alone in the room.

     As soon as the door closes, Cj drops the box that he's holding and goes to Heaven to grab him by the collar, almost making his peak cap fall off him.

     "Let me guess, you were the one who told the Elites about my negotiation with Max," Cj says, and the smirk on Heaven's face already confirmed it.

     "I wouldn't do that if I were you. And besides, you were the one who said that we should always be truthful," Heaven says with a sarcastic tone, almost making Cj grip on Heaven's collar even harder.

     "You are seriously a pain," Cj practically growls before finally letting go of him. "Whatever your intentions were, I don't really care anymore. It's obvious that I'm not the one you're targeting anyway. It's Sinclaire, am I correct?"

     Heaven doesn't answer, but he grins and walks to his new desk, touching his nameplate like it was his pride and joy. "I just did my job. Nothing personal...Mr. Mills."

     "Aren't you afraid that I'll take away your underling title after this is all over?" Cj threatens, but Heaven just chuckles and bravely answers him, "It doesn't matter. I'm already an Elite anyway. It's a far better title than being an underling of the Counts."

     Heaven's answer almost made Cj laugh, but he takes the box on the floor instead before saying, "You chose the wrong person as an enemy Heaven. It's a shame, I treated you as a reliable underling, but sadly I do not need an underling who betrays me."

     "I'm not afraid of you Mills. Who cares if we're enemies now? I'm an Elite. You can't touch me," Heaven asks.

     Cj was already walking towards the door. Before grabbing the doorknob, he looks over his shoulder and tells Heaven, "I'm not talking about me. Believe me, Heaven J. Carter, I'm not the one you should be afraid of. Just because he looks calmer now doesn't mean the monster inside him already left. Your new title will mean nothing, and then you'll realize how wrong it was for you to betray me."

...

Max followed behind Gavriil without saying a word. Gavriil said he wanted to talk to him, but then when they got outside, Gavriil told Max to follow him and said nothing else.

     When they finally arrive at an empty laboratory, Gavriil locks the door and looks at Max before finally saying, "The decision to suspend you was agreed upon by the entire council. I did not have the power to overrule it. Everyone had a unanimous decision."

     Gavriil looks so serious when he was speaking to Max, but then Max started laughing, making Gavriil look back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

     "Why are you suddenly explaining? Did you think I'll blame you for it?" Max asks as he tries to calm himself down.

     The question made Gavriil feel embarrassed, but Gavriil composes himself and explains, "Well I wanted to apologize since I was the one who told you about Cj's hidden stocks. I'm practically an accomplice but you and Mills were the only ones who received consequences."