Chapter 64: "How did you know my coffee order?"

Author's POV:
Jieun looked at Jimin on his knees holding the most gorgeous diamond ring. His heartbeat rose to a million beats per second, but she wasn't the only one. Jimin was sure she could hear his heart beating ridiculously and unhealthily fast. Jieun was beyond overwhelmed.

"Yes," she blurted before he could say anything. "Oh, wow, oh my God," Jimin said, already tearing up. "Yes!" she said. "No, Jieun, I'm not letting you take this away from me. I've practiced for more than two months, this is a hell of a speech!" he said. "But yes!" she said. He giggled and so did she.

"Okay, this takes the 'will she say yes' anxiety out of it and mostly I won't stutter. So... Jeon Jieun... I will never get tired of telling you that you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Because you are. And I'd..." he started, but choked up. So did she. He continued, "I'd rather live in a zombie apocalypse than live in a world where you don't exist. I know things haven't been easy for you. But I hope you know that I promise to make you so unbelievably happy, and that's a promise I don't intend on breaking. I know that no matter what I go through, I can look into your eyes and talk to you about it, and then the solution magically presents itself. I know that it won't always be pretty. But I swear, what we have trumps every argument, every fight. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, till heaven splits open, till the world gets taken over by robots, till eternity... But to be honest, eternity just won't be enough..." The both of them were crying.

"So... Jeon Jieun... my girl who loves peach iced tea more than me..." he said and she giggled through the tears. He continued, "Will you marry me?"

"Hmm... tough question, lemme just think about it-" she started but was interrupted by Jimin rolling his eyes, standing up and saying, "Such a drama queen." She laughed and said, "Yes, Park Jimin. I will marry you." And they shared the most beautiful kiss ever. Everyone who witnessed this in the restaurant clapped. The kiss held passion, and a promise of a wonderful future. One that they'd spend together.

He smiled into the kiss and she pulled away, breathless. "I love you, dork," Jimin said. "Careful who you call dork. I'm gonna be your wife soon," she replied, smirking. "God, you drive me crazy," he said, kissing her again, more fervently this time. She wrapped her arms around his waist and he held her cheek, both deepening the kiss. He ended the kiss with a kiss on her nose and she scrunched her nose like she always did.

They both thanked Taehyung, who was hiding the fact that his two friends who were now going to get married made him emotional.

As they enjoyed dessert, Jimin ordered the bill. "Oh, your bill was cleared by our boss, Mr. Jeon Jungkook," the waiter replied. They both smiled. "Well, nasty little shit did something useful," Jieun said, earning a laugh.

As they were exiting the restaurant, she said to him, "Oh, and by the way... I love you too."

They held hands the entire way home and spent their most passionate night yet. They were both exhausted and on the verge of the deepest sleep.

"How is sex with you so incredible every time?" Jimin said. "It's a gift, I suppose," she said, laying on his bare chest. "Thanks, Santa," he replied. "Ugh, ew, imagine Santa giving multiple orgasms as gifts. Now that's nasty," she said, both of them laughing with the last bits of energy they had left. "Hey, I never asked you this, but why did you take me to that mochi place for our first date?" she asked.

He smiled and replied, "My mom used to take me there. I have such fond memories of that place. When she left, there was this time where I hated that place. For how much it reminded me of her. And also for how happy that place made me. But I had the realisation after, like, 3 years that the place could still be happy. No matter what happened after that, I was still so happy then. So, I started visiting again and the women recognised me. I eventually told them everything and they sympathised. So, basically... That place allows me to not completely be bitter."

She kissed him softly, and said, "Do you still visit them?" "Oh, yeah. Once every four or five months. That reminds me, we have to meet them before the wedding," he replied. She readily agreed.

Soon, Jimin's phone started blasting with an insane amount of text messages.

"God, who is that?" she asked. "Probably my agent," he said. "Why?" she asked again. "He wants me to write a book. Like a story. And quick, because according to him, I'm the talk of the town after the speech during the awards, and I should release a book when I'm still part of the hype," he responded. "Have you got any ideas?" she asked. "I'm thinking of finally writing a romcom," he said. "Ooh, Park Jimin finally realising his dream," she said. "Yeah, yeah, don't go 'Alchemist' on me," he replied, earning a laugh.

After a while, sleep almost encompassing them whole, Jieun had an idea.

"Hey, babe?" she said. He responded with a low hum. "Why don't you write about us?" she said. "What do you mean?" he asked, perplexed. "Well, it's not like an epic love story, but we've sure had a story. I feel like people would want to read it. And you could address things like Namjoon... And Yoongi... Changing the names and taking their permission, of course," she said. "That would involve you telling me about Namjoon. Like, all of it," he said. "Yeah, I know... But, I guess it's okay. It's not as painful as it used to be anymore," she said. He was in deep thought. He actually thought this was something he could do.

"Think about it," she said. "What's there to think about? I'm gonna do it," he replied. "Oh my god, what? Really?" she said, lifting herself up to look into his eyes. "Yeah... We're epic. We deserve to have a book written about us," he said, giving her a kiss, making Jieun laugh.

"When did you decide you wanted to marry me?" she asked suddenly, looking at the gorgeous ring on her finger. "I don't even remember, to be honest. But... I do know that it was the easiest decision of my life. Not the easiest to prepare for, but very easy to know that you're the woman of my dreams and I wanna spend every single day with you for the rest of my life," he replied. "Ugh, look at you going all sappy on me again," she replied, kissing his cheek in the sweetest manner. He responded with a giggle and a forehead kiss of his own.

Jieun suddenly had another thought of their first date, "How did you know my coffee order?" He laughed. "It's mine, too," he responded. "No way," she said, turning towards him with a smile. "Yes way," he replied, giggling. "I regretted the suggestion of guessing your coffee order almost as soon as I said it. I had accepted that I had blown my chance, so I just went with my coffee order. Thought I'd at least drink my favourite coffee if I wasn't gonna take you out, you know? Got lucky, though," he said. She kissed him square on the lips and said, "I was the one who got lucky."

They both slept in each other's arms, completely humbled by the events of the night.