Chapter 55: The most beautiful future.

Jieun's POV:
My head started to spin. But I couldn't react. I had to listen. I had to listen to the monster that killed the man I was going to marry.

He went on, "I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't live with what had happened. I wanted to die so badly. But I failed at doing that... I don't think I want to die anymore. Because that's the easy way out. I deserve to feel pain. I deserve to wake up and feel nothing. I deserve to cry till my eyes have no tears remaining. I deserve every share of pain that comes my way. Hoseok was the one that would talk me out of things whenever I'd have a breakdown. He's quite literally seen me at my worst. And he's still right here. He's still with me. I don't understand why, but he has managed to keep me alive. Him and my sister are the only two people for whom I still live. They're literally my everything."

I was supposed to talk him out of what he thought about himself. But I could still not utter a single word.

He's the reason Namjoon is dead.

I couldn't focus for the rest of the session but it was time to wrap up anyways. I wanted to scream. He left my clinic, thanked me before going because this particular session meant a lot to him. I faked a smile.

As soon as he left my office, I thrashed my desk. I threw everything on the floor and clutched my hair. Beomgyu came rushing in and panicked once he saw me. He kept asking what was wrong but I only screamed in agony. I couldn't hear a word. He left my office very scared. I was sobbing on the floor for a very long time and I heard the door open.

Jimin came rushing in. He held me close and stroked my hair till I calmed down. It killed me that I couldn't tell him. This was between me and my client and he can't know it. I sobbed into his chest for a while.

He drove me home and took care of me the whole night, without asking any questions.

The next two days were the same. I skipped clinic because I was in no condition to counsel. Beomgyu cancelled my appointments without me having to tell him.

One night, I woke up screaming. I cried and cried. I could see Namjoon dying and getting hit by Yoongi's car in my dreams. I thought I would feel hatred, but I could feel nothing. And that was worse. Over a week, all that would happen was I would cry and Jimin would handle me. I couldn't remember the last time I ate something. All Jimin would do was hug me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

Few days later, I woke up shivering. I had fever. It wasn't reducing. It was the middle of the night and Jimin was panicking. Even then, I couldn't feel a thing. I was growing more and more numb.

Soon, a doctor rushed in. He gave me medicines and Jimin gave me a cold shower to lower my body temperature. Jimin went to the kitchen to make me some porridge while I spoke to the doctor. "Have you been overwhelmed or stressed lately?" he asked. "Yes," I replied blankly. "That was the reason for the fever. Nothing to worry about. I've given Jimin the medicines, he'll take care of you," he said. I slightly smiled. "But I do recommend a week's rest. Try to not do a lot of tasks," said the doc. I nodded.

He just checked my pulse and packed up his kit. "You're a lucky wife," he said. I didn't even have the energy to correct him. "I'm personally indebted to Jimin's father because he was my therapist. He brought me out of my darkest moments, so I had told Jimin when Dr. Park died that I'll be there for whatever he needs. He called me saying it's urgent and he absolutely can't wait for an ambulance or drive you to the hospital. He was so worried. He loves you very much," he said.

I looked at the doctor who was now leaving. I muttered a small thank you and he left the apartment.

Jimin entered the room with a smile on his face and the porridge in his hands. He started feeding me slowly. I looked at him and felt so much adoration. He was such an angel. This man has kept all his work aside and has been taking care of me all week.

Yes, I hate the way things turned out for me and Namjoon, but I can't change that anymore.

My epiphany resulted in a flood of emotions in my body.

I now have Jimin. And he's the man I love. He's the man I choose. He's my present and he's my future. I don't have the prettiest past, but I have the most beautiful present. And as long as I have Jimin, I'm damn well sure that I will have the most beautiful future.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Did we see that coming? About Yoongi, I mean...
What I tried to convey through this chapter was that Jieun really really loves Jimin. She hasn't settled for him because she's lost Namjoon. She's obviously had a setback because of Yoongi's news, who can blame her? But that's no reason to think she isn't lucky for Jimin.
Also Jimin's character is literally so easy to write for, not in the bad way. His character feels so good to write about. Jimin/Jieun all the way, you go guys!!