Chapter 38: "About time."

~Later that night~

Jieun's POV:
When I returned home, I was in a particularly amazing mood. I felt so good. I opened the door to find Jungkook on the couch. "AH! YOU FUCKING BITCH! OH GOD, THAT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME! MORON! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I yelled. "Jeez, stop. Entered with my spare key. And plus. This is important," he said. I nodded for him to continue.

"Uh, so... I want to marry Wheein," he said. "WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "Yeah..." he said with a huge grin. "That is amazing!! When did you decide?" I asked, enthusiastically. "Um... yesterday..." he said. He continued, "We were out on a date, and this one family walked in. A couple and their kid. They couldn't get a table so they had to wait, and the waiter was being a jerk, because I knew there were tables for three. But they had a tiny discussion, and then walked away, very very calmly. Like, they had no problems not yelling at that joke of a waiter. After Wheein and I were done, we were walking hand in hand and we stopped for ice cream. I saw that same family nearby. The kid had an ice cream and the parents were just watching him eat in pure bliss. As if this is all they've ever wanted. There was just so much calm and happiness on their faces, you know... And then I realised I want that with Wheein. I want to wake up next to her and see her face every day. I want to have a lovely family with her and take our kid to eat ice cream. I want to take them both out for a meal but not crib if I don't get a table or because of a dickhead waiter simply because I'm living a life that has those two in it and complaining even when you have that is just silly and ignorant. I want to see her freak out over little things for the rest of my life because it's super cute when she's mad. I want her to calm me down when I feel anxious or angry for the rest of my life. I want to create a little world in my heart  for her where she can just escape. Like a magic shop. Where she can exchange her worries for happiness. I wanna fight and make up with her for the rest of my life. I just... wanna be with her. Forever."

I had tears in my eyes when he finished. I knew what I had to do. I walked towards my bedroom and came back with a blue velvet box, inside which was a gorgeous ring. "Take this," I said. "Are you sure I have your blessing?" he asked. "You're all grown up now, my little brother," I said, still sniffling. "Is this Namjoon's ring?" he asked. "Mhmm... This ring is... not in my fortune. I've held on to it thinking I'll give it to a loved one who truly deserves it. And you do. Wheein is very lucky. So are you, by the way. She's one of the best people I have had the absolute honour of knowing. I know you'll take care of her. This ring stands for love. And I trust that there's no one better to justify that than you two. I love you both so much," I said.

He gave me a huge face-splitting smile and the most giant hug. He said, "Thanks, sis. I love you, too. This means the world to me." I smiled and said, "It's about time I got rid of it anyway."

When Jungkook left, I looked at Namjoon's photo frame. It felt liberating... I didn't need it anymore...

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Good on you, Jungkook! ;)
See what I did there with 'Magic Shop'? Haha!
This chapter is short, but it's just cute. Maybe it's a filler, idk.