𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

L O R E N Z O

I watch as she leaves the house without saying another word to me. I straighten up and make my way towards my office but as I open the door, her scent hits me.

I grab the baseball bat next to me and smash it across everything.

She hates me.

Surely she didn't mean it, right.

Right?

Emily isn't even my girlfriend, she was just a quick fuck. I don't even know why she was in my house and going into my room in the first place. I don't even know how she got into my house.

Fuck I messed up shit up bad.

I get out my phone and press on her contact and start typing random letters until they form ito words.

Me
Valentina, please
Let me explain
Please

Valentina
Please stop contacting
me.

Me
Valentina, you've got it
all wrong please just come
back

Valentina
My flight is about to take
off so no.

Me
You're actually leaving?

Valentina
Goodbye Lorenzo.

Me
Valentina.
Please.
You don't understand.
message not sent!

Fuck. She's gone. She's really gone.

Now realizing how much damage is already done, I pick up my phone and called the person that all started this shit. Emily. She answers the phone almost immediately and when she does, my anger rises.

"Hey, baby." Her high-pitched voice is the first thing I hear and I place two fingers on my temple and rub them in circles, trying to soothe the incoming headache.

"Come here." The only words I speak before hanging up my phone ad throwing it across the room in anger.

In about five minutes she was walking into the kitchen with a big smile on her face and in some sort of skimpy lingerie.

"I see you got rid of that slut." She says in her irritating voice, making me roll my eyes.

I start to walk closer to her and wrap my hand around her neck while she leans against the wall. She still has that fucking smile on her face.

"She is no slut but you, on the other hand, that's all you are. That's all you'll ever be. A slut." I spit at her, and the smile on her face instantly turns into a frown at my words.

I start to choke her harder, she starts trying to get my hand off her neck with her nails but it doesn't work.

I'm doing this for Valentina. Seeing her cry made something happen to me, but God, I never want to see her cry again.

I choke her until she stops moving and falls unconscious. I pull my hand from her neck and watch as her unconscious body falls to the floor.

I pick up my phone again and call Antonio.

"Hey, what's up." I knew he probably just woke up because it was nine in the morning.

"Valentina, gone. Emily, dead." That's all I had to say for him to understand. Soon enough he walks through the front doors and finds everything trashed, holes in the walls, broken glass anything you can think of.

"Take her down to the basement. I don't want to see her face again." And with that, I walk upstairs and into my room.

I open the door to my room to find the bed made and a note on my bed.

Dear Lorenzo,

I'm not sorry for leaving, but I am no homewrecker so I did the one thing I had to do. Leave.

I know that even if you did tell me you had someone I wouldn't have had sex with you but in all honesty, I don't regret it.

And I know I might've just destroyed a perfect relationship between you guys and I am so sorry for the mess I have caused because of it. I should've never come to Italy or kissed you.

Those are the things I regret but the one thing I might regret the most is telling you this. I want you to stay away for a while and I know that you'll be in Italy for another week or so but I need some time to sort out my feelings.

But until you do decide to tell me the truth about her then don't try to contact me.

I told Antonio what happened and he told me a few things but he didn't tell me if you and Emily were together, so I simply took it as a yes.

I never wanted to leave but I had to, I won't tell my father about the sex or my mother. I won't try to make any contact with you or cause any more trouble. I'm sorry.

- V.

Even though she thinks it was just sex I couldn't be more thankful for at least having her sleep in my bed, or making me watch movies with her.

She'll learn one day how much she really means to me but until the day I decide to tell her everything about Emily. Which there is absolutely nothing to tell.

I get into my bed and stare at her side of the bed.

I don't even know if I would call it her side, I mean she is the only person other than me who has slept on this bed.

And I know for a fact that we didn't have just sex and I think she knew that was the case too.