"Prey"

Day 27, Prey
Notes: Part 2 of Predator

I never stopped keeping an eye on Sabre. After he managed to turn back to normal thanks to the Prof's help we have been able to make more cures by sending them out in secret in hope that Steves will start to use them against the demons. Saldy they have not taken any of the potions we have given to them in secret.

Everyone was glad Sabre was back. No longer was he against them, but with them in the fight. He has become more of a target now. The demons want him back. They attack their group often trying to infect Sabre again. They want him back on their side from the power he has in his soul when infected by the Demons.

I help when I can. I fight them off when Sabre is alone. I summon some lighting on the demons scaring them off so Sabre can run. It's been a fight. A hard fight for me to face. For all the steves to face. Us Red Steves are still untouched by the demons because of our secrecy and the core.

"Red Apprentice. Are you paying attention?" My thoughts were taken out by the Red Leader who was trying to teach me the history of the past. I looked at him.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I?" I asked, trying to remember what he said. It doesn't come to mind. I know I have screwed now.

"So what were we just talking about?" He asked,

"Um..." He cut me off before I made an answer.

"You've been very distant lately Red Apprentice. I know you usually love listening to our history. This isn't like you." He said concerned putting the old books to the side wanting to listen to me.

"It's complicated."

"I can understand it. Please tell me what's wrong." I took a deep breath feeling a sharp pain in my chest as I do. The burn on my chest from Demon Sabre hasn't healed yet and makes it hard for me to breathe once in a while. We have no healers so I am stuck with this injury until it heals on its own. It feels like its getting worse some days.

"You know about the Demons right? How they have been attacking the other steves." The Red Leader flinched. He knows about this. He watches the steves as well, but only at night and on very rare occasions. He does it just in case there is an evil coming our way. He usually just tells the Red Professor to increase the power of the Core until the threat is gone just like he did with the darkness.

"Yes, but that is nothing for you to worry about. None of them have even come close to our kingdom. I understand that this worries you, but you have nothing to fear." He tries to comfort me. I had to tell him the truth. I just hope he doesn't get too angered at me when I do.

"They have gotten close to us." I stated, he then stood up from his chair quickly.

"How have I not heard of this yet?!" He said a bit angitly. I gulped. This is going to be rough. Sabre may be a lot like prey now, but I feel like I'm haunted by the Red Leader right now.

"Me and the Professor are the only ones who know because I was the one who got attacked." His face turned from anger to worry. He took a deep breath.

"What happened?" He asked. I told him what happened from me getting chased by Sabre to when I brought Sabre back to his friends. The Red Leader seemed to be in a bit of shock and looked at my injury concerned by how bad it looked. After a long pause of silence he spoke to me.

"I'm sorry I made it feel like you had to hide all of this from me. I will do better in the future, but I still can't allow you to reveal yourself to the other steves for now." I was a bit surprised by his reaction. He soon muttered something underneath his breath. All I could make up was the words. He's so much like Collector. I never heard a Steve with that name before.

"I think your best set of actions is to give these potions to the Sabre you turned back to normal. He will remember what you have done for him and know that these are the cures. Continue giving these curses in secret until then." He commands me. I smiled a bit. I leave the room to go tell the Prof. I felt like I just escaped the jaws of a mother bear. Thankfully we can now help the steves more without having to reveal us. I just hope this works out well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 821)