"Fungus"

Day 16, Fungus

Notes: I seriously have no idea what to do for this- so this will make no sense- I'm just writing to get the chapter out- I'm sorry beforehand.

I knocked on the Red Prof's door. I need to ask him something very important, but it has to be in private so the leader doesn't know. I wanted to know more about Sabre. About what he is. He isn't a Steve and is a very strange person. I wonder if he would know anything. He has lived for a long time. As long as the first hero. The door opened and I was surprised to see Assistant Steve. He is never allowed to leave the lab so to find him here at the front door has to mean something is wrong.

"How important is it?" He asked me.

"Very important. Is he okay?" Assistant looked at me and took me inside. We went deep into the lab. I saw Red Prof. laying on the couch looking up at the ceiling in a daze. I know he is crazy, but he isn't usually that crazy.

"Is he okay?" I asked Assistant Steve.

"He has been eating mushrooms to see if it has any effect on the brain or any health benefits. So far most of them have been good. He just ate the purple one and was like this thirty minutes after consuming the mushroom. He has been very unhinged."

"Oh... maybe I should leave then. I don't want to upset him more." I said starting to head back up the stairs when Red Prof got up from where he was at. He walked over to me, swaying from side to side as he did.

"Colle! It's been so long!" I looked at him confused. I have never been called Colle before. I was called Lantern before I became an apprentice. In fact I have never heard of a Steve named Colle before. I wonder if it is one of his old friends from the past. He never really talks about anything before he lost his mind which was so long ago.

"I'm not Colle. It's me, the red apprentice." I tried to clarify, but it didn't seem to clear anything up.

"It's been too long. Do you need anything?" I sighed and decided to ask a question.

"Do you know any non steves?" I asked him hoping to get an answer.

"Like animals? Alex? The Judge?"

"Alex and The Judge?" I asked in confusion.

"You already know them. The girl we found and used to make the portal for the Indigo Steves, the Judge who you keep seeing at random who is always watching you?" Sabre wasn't a girl so I decided to ask more about the Judge.

"Could you tell me more about the Judge?" I asked him.

"He has brown hair. Likes wearing the color green. Has a blindfold over their eyes. You already told me this." He says a bit confused.

"It's just been a while you know, and is there anything else we know about him?"

"No, not really. He just watched everyone and really didn't like Alex being in this world." He walked away. That sounded a lot like Sabre. Especially the blindfold he wears.

"Do you think the judge would come here? Into this world?"

"Nope. He has never come to this world as far as we know Colle." He grabs some papers and starts to read them seemingly forgetting about me. Assistant Steve was just watching the entire time, probably taking note of what just happened.

"Well, you should go now." Assistant Steve said as he pushed me to the stairs. He only had to give me one shove as I went the rest of the way up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Words 618)