"Defend"

Day 13, Defend

Notes: I am actually doing a Code Jumper Au for this- this is when the natural disasters start and Sabre finally uses his code to help them, but risks his existence at the same time. Because of how Behind I am I will be making these really short and very descriptive.

We talked to Light about our idea. With the chard crystal to defeat the First curse and stop him from destroying the world. We were trying to convince him to absorb the crystal shards and become the rainbow hero. He agreed thankfully.

"Thank you." I told Light Steve. He hugs me back.

"Of course Sabre. We have to protect the steves at all costs." Light adds and lets go of me. Time nods. I was relieved he agreed. I would do more... but I can't be sure... I know how much power I hold. I know what I can do with my code. I can't be sure of the effect it will have on the steves. I don't know who knows what my species is. If the first curse knows what I am and the power I hold... this fight will only grow worse. I don't even know if the steves will accept me for who I am from past choices of my species.

Until I know for sure I must trust the steves for who they are and hope they can fix this world without my ability and powers. I will only use my powers if it's absolutely necessary. There are many times in this world when I wanted to, but I made sure I didn't... No matter how much the negative consequences get to me.

"Me and Sabre can get the machine ready. You can tell your guards what is going on and what they need to do while we fight the first curse." Time tells Light. Light agrees and he leaves to talk to his elite guards. Me and Time leave Light's home.

"I'm glad it didn't take much to convince him. He may be our only hope to defeat the First Curse." Time says as we walk through the streets of the orange kingdom.

"I'm not surprised, He will do anything for you guys." I tell Time. I can't tell if he was smiling or not, but he seems happy enough to be smiling.

A steve screams in fear my attention went towards the steve. That one steve soon turned into everyone screaming. Time reached his hands out suddenly and I could see something in the sky. A large meteor was about to crash in the center of the town. The world falling apart from the First cursed.

"I can only hold this up for Ten seconds!" Time grabs my hand an drages me away.

10. I saw many steves running away from a hopeless fate.

9. Time kept dragging me getting ready to do what he must.

8. I thought of all the stevs who would die from this

7. Light won't make it out alive.

6. Time stops suddenly and seems ready to protect me and himself who both hold the crystals we need.

5. "What about Light Steve?!"

4. "We just have to hope he's alright!"

3. I couldn't let fate decide the end of this world now.

2. I lifted my hand forward and let my energy... My code escapes me.

1. A green bubble-like shield went around every steve in this town.

Bang. The ground shook and my ears were filled with the sounds of destruction to everything around us. My vision went black as I closed my eyes. I fell back from the force of the explosion as time froze around us. Next thing I knew my ears were ringing and my vision was white from light. I can't remember if I passed out or not. I opened my eyes to find I was laying on my back looking up at the sky that was blue and grey from smoke. I looked over to see Time laying on his side in front of me where the explosion was. He got in front of me... to protect me from the explosion. I get up holding my head in pain.

"Time-" I tried to call out to him, but the ringing in my head got louder. I groaned in pain and slowly walked forward to see the town was in flames. The meor collapsed on impact. Pieces of it scattered in houses and streets. I looked around to see Happy Orange Steve shaking in fear, but was alive. He was surrounded in the shield I put up around him and all the other steves individually. I lowered the shield feeling a small bit of my energy return. Happy was looking at me in pure shock.

"Sabre?...." He said backing up away from me.

"Find everyone else. They should all be okay. I promise." I told him, a bit confused on why he seems scared of me. He quickly left to find everyone else. I went back to Time who was still out cold. I shook him and called out his name in hoep to wake him up. He slowly did and sat up from the ground. He looked at me.

"Sabre?..." He asked unsure if it was me or not.

"Yes, it's me. Are you okay?" I was worried about him. He's been pushing himself to the edge lately and I don't want him to push himself any farther.

"Your eyes... they..." I put a hand on my face. My blindfold was gone. I looked around to see that it was torn from the force of the explosion. I can't use it anymore. I picked it up and put it into my inventory.

"I know I know." I told Time Steve who got off from the ground looking at the disaster of the metory and back at me.

"Are you okay? I know you get hurt more easily than I can."

"I'm alright, my head just hurts. And no it's not from my coded eyes." I had to quickly explain. It looks like Time doesn't know what I am, I just have to hope no one else does. Time puts a hand on my head and I flinch.

"Your head is bleeding. Let me help with that." Time says as he gets some bandages for my head. He wraps them around my head to stop the bleeding that I didn't notice. Once he was done we heard footsteps coming our way. I looked over to see Light with an Elite guard. Light was looking at me in my eyes. I could tell he knew what I was, how he knew is something I might never get the answer for.

"Sabre? Did you put up those green shields?" Light asked me.

"Yes... I did... is everyone okay?"

"Yes, everyone is perfectly fine. Thanks to you."

"It's no problem... I just wanted to protect you guys." Light went up to me, giving me some white cloth. I looked at him a bit confused.

"If the first curse finds out... if the leaders find out."

"That's important, but not as important as saving the world right now." I accepted, Light put the white cloth over my eyes. It was harder to see through than my old blindfold, but it works for now.

"Thanks Light..."

"You protected us, we need to defend you." Light says, looking at his guard and nodding. The guard leaves. "I'm coming with you now. Once the machine is ready I can go in and fight as quickly as possible." Light adds.

"Alright, let's get going." Time says take my hand. He takes Light's hand as well and then teleports us away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1287)