"Watching"

Day 24, Watching

Notes: Gerlad. The Pause AU slight Spoiler.

More sight than the Judge. More vision than a Red Steve, More power than Origin Steve. I am Gerlad and the seer of all. My form is always the same. A pig. I espae death everyday, but there is one part of the never ending loop that brings me peace. My time with Orange Steve. He feeds me, pets me, groom me, cleans me, paints me. He always makes me feel like a King. I always cry once he dies. I shed sadness when he becomes Rainbow and suffers the endless date of failing everyone. Everyone except me and Sabre. He should be back now from his independent mission with the Orange Village.

I saw him come out of the portal right on schedule. He looked around a bit trying to see if anyone was here, but it was just me. I was hiding in my domain and he couldn't see me. I waited for him to do what he always does, go into the house and take a nap until Orange Steve returns, but this time it was different. Instead he walked to the center of the rainbow hub under the pavilion and sat down. That was strange. I continued to watch. He leaned back on a support and breathed deeply, seeming out of breath. Why is he doing this? He almost never changes his habits within each loop. He usually gets in trouble with Time Steve when he does.

He covers his mouth and starts coughing heavily. Did he get sick somehow? If he did, why did he change what he was doing? Taking a nap would do him some good. I smelled the air for a second and smelled blood. What? He doesn't have any injuries at this point. He shouldn't at least. Sabre looks down at his hand and gets up walking towards the river. I follow him staying hidden and out of his peripheral vision. He washed the hand he covered with his mouth and the water turned red. He's badly hurt. This isn't good. If something that bad happens to him and kills him the loop will end and we will have no future.

He went back into the house and once he was inside I went to the door and scratched with my hooves. Sabre opens the door and looks down at me. He seems weak and tired. That isn't good.

"Gerlad... Even you know the smallest thing can disrupt the loop." He mumbled. I walked past him pretending not to care and went upstairs. Sabre followed me. I sat on his bed knowing he didn't like it when I tried to. Sabre looked at me with a bit of annoyance.

"Gerald. Get off." He said sternly. I dont move a muscle.

"Gerald." He repeats my name. I lay comfortably on the bed. He looked at me with anger in his face, but it fades before he reacts to it. He lays on the bed not bothering to get under the covers. He puts a hand on my head and rubs iit gently. I shifted myself to look at him.

"I'm sorry Gerald... just not feeling great right now.. Once the loop starts in front of Orange I will feel better..." He mumbled and yawned. I moved closer to him so I was under his arm. Sabre didn't say anything else and I looked up at him and saw he fell asleep. I huffed a bit and kept watch on him until Orange Steve came back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Words 591)