Herod Westwood: LXXXVI

Start from the beginning

"Divi!" The simplest of spells letting an enhanced strik cut her across the arm, it probably felt like holy damage against her. He cut in and he witnessed an explosion from outside, the Spined devil nearest to the window burst in a fury of guts and fire, it was a beautiful sight as their cultist seemed to win his day. Yet one devil still remained. Herod watched Adleth push her blades through the chest of one of them. *Steehcc*

"Solvar!" The women screamed. Blood ran down Adleth's arms and she hurled the body at the ground.

"HGH!" Vestus screamed as he charged the cultist who was pinned. Herod countered a blade and fired a spell back trying to hit outside the window, the woman evaded his blast and tried to uppercut him with a fist covered in mist. He ducked, outside Herod saw the black ghostly weapon begin to fade, he disrupted her concentration. Yet outside he saw Markos had fully collapsed to his knees now only stood up via his trident in the ground and hanging onto it. He looked.. Dead. Herod kicked the woman in the chest and slammed his sword down.

"Fulger tonitrua Puderis!" He let his sword down as green lightning shot from him hitting the woman in the chest. "That's for hurting my friends." He snarled. Anger filled him, his calm demeanor began to drop.

'Yeah! Fuck her up! She's a whore I can feel it!'

"Die you fucking cowards! And tell me, where the hell is my son!" Vestus screamed as he brought his giant great axe down on the neck of the man Andraste had pinned down, slashing it clean off. *Ceveelshinc* He swung his axe so hard he broke through the floorboards and cracked whatever was below that. Vestus stood up, the wound of the cultist was cauterized with some kind of radiant force. Herod swallowed seeing the barbarian of a giant snarl at the last cultist in the room. Where all there eyes turned to. "You're next." He raged.

"I will not be.. You did us a favor." The woman replied arrogantly staring hatefully at the corpse Vestus had just made. Vestus picked up the body of the cultist and chucked it out the window. The woman barely reacted.

"You're gonna die here Seffia!" Vaelle cried.

*SCREEAW*

The sound of the demon outside was deafening Herod covered his ears. He looked out to see the creature free of the tentacle's grip, Markos was looking down misty eyed while bolts of energy shot from him in aimless directions, he wasn't able to fight. Herod rushed forward and sunk his word into the cultists leg. "Hex omni Vulity Maledictum!" He tossed the curse on her.

The creature lunged through the window and grabbed her body. It looked so beat up. A bolt of frost covered its wings yet it continued flying. A portal opened at its feet and a tentacle crawled out to grab it but the attack was such a miss, Markos couldn't see anything could he?! Herod cursed the wind and tried to attack again but was pushed away byt the wind force. Adleth stabbed at the woman, she was luckier than the rest of them with Riu firing some kind of black spell, Herod swore he saw the life drain from her eyes. So why was the creature still- the stone. The information hit him, the girl had the stone! Now Vaelle was the only one close enough to attack. Time felt as if it slowed; he was locked in his own head moving quickly to try and attack. They had seconds. The cultist slumped over and the demon pulled back to fly away. Vaelle lunged, she shot her spear out with desperation, vengeance, and desperation written on her face. He would make a prayer but it all happened too fast. She swung and tried to stab the creature, the spined devil looked so beat up and rough, milliseconds passed by like hours. Vaelle's spear shot down and the devil knocked it aside.

"No." Vaelle whispered, the room felt a chill go by with the creature flapping its wings to pull away from the window. They all raised their weapons but it felt in slow motion none of them fast enough, Vaelle was the only one already mid attack and she had been batted away! They were screwed! They were-