Chapter 29 I

An entrancing pair of dark blue eyes glistening with the reflection of the light was staring down at the empty streets of the city-like terrain that was specifically built inside the coliseum to serve as a mere location deemed fitting for that of the Grand Tournament to take place- with it's owner's gaze silently glancing around the area with unconcealed caution. Her mouth began to part in the slightest manner as a short yet dithery sigh managed to escape her lips. With her right arm leaning against her right knee which was a bit elevated than the other because of her foot that was settled on a higher ledge of the rooftop, she tried to conduct a quick scan of their surroundings so as to gather any form of knowledge that might possibly offer them assistance in knowing exactly what they were meant to deal with.

'Strange,' Jenevieve thought to herself while a small frown slowly formed it's way on her forehead upon the uneasy feeling that she suddenly felt creeping up her spine.

"They should've been here by now," Adreiane said in a low tone as she felt him walking closer behind her from where she currently stood.

"I know," she concurred, standing up straight before turning around to face her lover. The two of them shared a knowing look before she finally settled on saying, "Something feels off."

Adreiane only gave a nod of agreement upon hearing Jenevieve's statement for he too felt the same. It was indeed a tad peculiar how the two of them were left waiting in anticipation, never being able to lower down their guards for the fear of being caught defenseless by their most threatening opponents; who in their case were simply nowhere to be found.

In all terms of honesty, they were both expecting Axelia, Killian and Nyclaine's company a couple of minutes prior to the present time. They were aware of how each and every one of them were beyond capable as an individual. They have proven that many times already, and it was just as daunting as it was astonishing to witness. Despite the differences that they shared with one another, they all had their own reputation to precede them, both good and bad. And Jenevieve and Adreiane both knew of what the three of them were capable of- just not as a team.

How they would face a common foe as a group and not just as a mere person of their own singularity is yet to be discovered.

Forcing his eyes to flutter shut before opening them again after a few seconds, Adreiane found it completely pointless to continue entertaining his series of thoughts. Letting out a weary sigh of his own, he slightly tilted his head upwards to settle his mind on something else, with the view of countless buildings of various sizes and heights meeting his arcane pair of dark grey orbs. There was a reason as to why their team have always chosen a specific location no matter what the theme of the Tournament was. Throughout the past couple of years of them holding their titles as champions of the said event, all three of them could consistently be found around the same spot that soon grew to have a reputation of being their territory- the middlemost part of the stadium. It was the place where they had the upper hand for they can easily take grasp of what was happening around them all in a near interval of time. It was where none of them would be forced to face anything unexpected brought to them by their rivals for they would always see right through every competitor. It was the place where they felt freedom and security the most.

It was their safe haven.

Hence, they found it utterly unexplainable how the ambience between them suddenly grew heavy with anxiousness and hesitation.

Feeling the last remaining pieces of his patience seeping through his fingertips, Adreiane couldn't stop himself from voicing out, "Jude should've also been back by now."

"Unless he got stranded on the other side of that," Jenevieve said, cutting off the other's remarks all the while referring to the source of the bright ruby red light blocking their horizon from a certain direction.