Chapter 25

The five of them spent the entire morning spectating different events, doing what Razael claimed to be expressing ‘moral support’ by boosting the third year players with their presence. Throughout the past hours, they managed to come upon a few of their classmates, but not once had they witnessed the entirety of class 3A watching together in a single match. It was mainly because a lot of competitions were taking place at the same time so the majority of their class decided to attend each one of them in order to provide encouragement to their year level contestants.

With the Intramurals having the same regulations as the the other universities they've previously been to, the use of their abilities were allowed— which led them to their first victory of that day, with Kimberly taking the gold medal effortlessly in the race. The brunet with an extremely bubbly attitude had no trouble winning the first contest because of her speed related ability. Almost thirty minutes after the declaration of her achievement, they discovered that their class representative dominated the chess competition. Something that they originally expected judging from his unique way of planning complex tactics and strategies that would've appeared to be beyond complicated towards people who aren't able to keep up with his way of thinking.

After a couple of hours of jumping from one event to another, they came across a very furious looking Yvonne who was trying her best to console Lyra— who was looking rather pale with a mixture of horrified and concerned expression painted on her face. Despite her angered state, Yvonne still managed to inform them about the reason for Lyra's current state. And from her response, which mostly consisted of a series of curses that might've had a chance to compete with Razael's unfiltered language at another time, they found out that the soccer team of the third year only won the third place. Not only that, but also the fact that Xavier got quite a serious injury from taking the blow that was meant for Rhainier; which also answered the question as to why they found themselves standing face to face with their fuming classmate.

And once they've finally made sure that Xavier's condition was alright, that only became the time for them to realize their current situation— which brought them to be surrounded by agitated faces of some of their classmates that was then in the infirmary with Rhainier.

“Fucking shit! It's almost noon!” Raze exclaimed before suddenly standing up while yanking his backpack from the nearby table in the process.

“Doesn't your exhibition start at noon?” Xavier asked with a worried frown as Rhainier could do nothing but watch the redhead frantically pacing the room before turning towards Killian.

“We have to fucking go. Right. Fucking. Now,” Raze breathed out, to which the brunet only nodded in agreement upon.

“Are you sure you don't want me to patch you up?” Nyclaine asked the injured one in the room. She was aware that the medic assigned to the infirmary already took a look at him, but at the same time, one could never be too certain.

Xavier only gave a reassuring smile as Lyra said in a gentle voice, “He'll be fine. The rest of you should get going.”

“Yeah,” Rhainier concurred, with a displeased expression still plastered on his face. “We'll keep him company so you all should just worry about Raze's competition.”

“And make sure you win,” Yvonne said with a huff while pointing her finger at the redhead before grumbling, “Or else I don't know what the hell I'm going to do once I see those fourth year seniors.”

“Shit like that wouldn't be able to fucking happen if the five of us will only continue to stand around like a bunch of fucking idiots!" Raze snapped.

“Alright, alright. Jeez,” Jiro muttered before tilting his head to gesture towards Killian. “Let's get out of here already so this shithead can shut the fuck up.”