Chapter 60: Butterfly

(Please play BTS's Butterfly from the video that I've attached above as you read this chapter.)

"Ryujin-ah, I wanna go back," Yeji uttered, making Ryujin pulled the reins of the horse, and the creature stopped dead in his tracks. The bluehead peeped over her shoulders in disbelief to the silver-haired spirit's request, and the spirit stared right back into her eyes-filled with plea.

"No," Ryujin replied curtly.

"I have to help my sis-"

"She ain't your sister anymore!"

"Ryujin-ah, the one who killed me wasn't really Lucy! I have to save Lucy from whatever monster that's inside her!"

"That monster is in control of Lucy's thoughts and actions! Haven't you seen it? What if she hurts you again? No, I can't let you go. I can't lose you again!" Ryujin sputtered, partially turning her body to face Yeji, and out of blue, she felt a pair of cold lips meeting her own, soft and tender as they stroked. Her anger subsided right then and there, feeling herself getting lost in Yeji's ginger kiss until it vanished into thin air, together with the spirit. Shocked, Ryujin snapped her eyes open to see that Yeji was longer there; the stubborn spirit had obviously teleported back to the mansion instantly after kissing her human lover.

****

Yeji watched the house as fire engulfed it from all sides. There was fire everywhere; the roof was on fire, the doors and windows were on fire, fire was even coming out of the house through various openings, looking as though a fire-breathing dragon was inside the house, puffing away vicariously. The flames burned deep red and amber, almost livid purple as grievance for the loss of her childhood home brought an intense tightness in her chest. Nothing inside was likely to survive the fire, Yeji mused as she saw some flames licking up in the air with the wind, trying to catch something else on fire, and finding nothing but air, disappearing into the windy night, like disappointed flutters. Furthermore, the flames that were eating away the house weren't just ordinary flames, they were flames of hell that could harm even the spirits.

Avoiding the contact of the fire, with a putrid smell of soldering iron, and burnt wires and rubber pervading everywhere from within the place, she apparated right inside the basement. There, before the entryway of the mysterious room, sat her twin, shoulders slouched and head between her knees. Tentatively, Yeji approached Lucy, dropped to a crouch in front of her, and extended her hand to touch her.

"Lucy?" She whispered, receiving no response. "Lucy," she called again. Still no response. "Lu-"

Yeji gasped the instant she felt a racking pain in her abdomen, and she slowly looked down to see the obsidian scythe being rammed into her, then it was thrusted out, making her lose her balance and fall back onto the floor. Her vision blurred whilst the area where she'd been stabbed started to turn to dust.

"Ha ha!" Lucy laughed, deranged, then she lifted her head up from between her knees and crawled toward her, firmly clutching the fatal weapon with in one hand. "If I were you, I would have never come back for me. You're such a fool!" She burst into a vitriolic laughter and proceeded to Yeji, who was on the brink of annihilation. Afterward, she raised the scythe in the air, in a stance to strike Yeji and put an end to her soul once and for all. But, centimeters away from reaching Yeji's neck, the blade ceased to move; and rather than attacking Yeji, Lucy slipped one arm below her sister's back while the other one was placed underneath the thighs.

In terror, the redhead shouted the silver head's name to keep her conscious as she carried her to the entrance of the room, seeing that the soul of her younger twin sister was deteriorating at a rapid rate. "Yeji! Hwang Yeji, focus!"