Chapter 3: The Cliff

Lia stole several glances at the attractive driver from the shotgun seat with a loving smile plastered across her face, completely bewitched by how much the cowgirl outfit looked good on her. Instantly when the driver caught Lia ogling at her from her peripheral vision, she arched an eyebrow whilst she focused on the road ahead.

"You done with checking me out?" Ryujin chuckled, making the older girl blush for being called out.

"I-I wasn't checking you out!" Lia stammered and snapped her head toward the scenery passing by, discreetly trying to hide the pink tint creeping up her cheeks, which didn't go unnoticed by Chaeryeong since she had been quietly observing the two girls, together with Yuna from the backseat of the van.

"I can see you blushing from the rearview mirror, Lia unnie," Yuna sneered, earning a light slap on the arm from Chaeryeong.

"Yuna-yah," Chaeryeong called the youngest bandmate's name in a scolding tone, thus receiving an eyeroll from her.

"Sometimes, I wonder if you're my girlfriend or my mother, unnie," Yuna humphed, crossing her arms over her chest with a pout, which seemed extremely adorable to her older girlfriend. Hence, the latter scooted closer and kissed her a pout away. Witnessing the cringe-worthy moment from the back view mirror, Lia and Ryujin pretended to puke, so the couple glared daggers in their direction.

"Jealous much?" Chaeryeong taunted as if she wasn't the person who just admonished Yuna a while ago, and the girl next to her sniggered.

"Don't be delusional, Ryeongchae. We just can't stand PDA," Lia retaliated, and Ryujin nodded in approval as she steered the van to the right and pressed her foot further into the accelerator to speed up the car. At this, the whisker-dimpled girl's younger cousin snorted, finding it ironic for the last sentence to come out of Lia's mouth.

"Look who's talking. Don't act as if you'd never eaten Ryujin's face right in front of our salad while you guys were-" The car halted to an abrupt stop, interrupting Yuna's retort and causing the passengers to jerk forward.

"Alright, we're here," Ryujin announced monotonously, showing no sign of efficacy to what the maknae had blurted out, and she promptly swerved off the vehicle— which frankly riled Lia up, on the account of being the only effected person between the two exes. With a frustrated sigh, she hopped out of the van and slammed the door behind her in the process, hence making the couple flinch to the raucous noise.

"I'm really disappointed in you, Yuna," Chaeryeong muttered, clicking her tongue before following the other two girls. Then, Yuna left the van forlornly with a huge pout on her lips, her eyes getting misty as she made her way toward a barn.

With Ryujin leading the way in hasty strides, her facial muscles twitching as she mulled over the uncanny occurrences she'd encountered, the three other girls trotted after her, quickening their paces to match her speed-walk. In fact, the whisker-dimpled girl couldn't shake off the thought of a certain silver-haired girl with beautiful cat eyes, and she couldn't stop her mind from wandering back to her, wanting to know if it was just a dream. Still and all, the event was too realistic and vivid to be a dream.

A few paces behind her, Lia was also lost in her own thoughts while eyeing at her ex's back in intense indignation, feeling sorry for herself for always being a sucker when it came to that particular girl. Even back to when they were dating, she was often the one to take the initiatives, including the confession of her true feelings to the girl; additionally, she was the more affectionate girlfriend who never failed to check up on the wellbeing of the latter, always showering her with love and attention she deserved, always giving all of herself to her without a doubt. Yet, what did she get in return at last? Ryujin's restless gaze that came together with three hurtful words she'd never wished to hear.