Chapter 5: What's Your Name?

Ryujin engaged the pale girl into a headlock without a warning and tightened her grip, while the latter was threshing against her as she clutched onto her strong arms, utterly devasted to escape.

"Yah! Lemme go!" The poor girl in white squalled; she couldn't believe that she was being strangled by a mere human, let alone touched by one. In addition to that, she was irked by the fact that Ryujin accused her of being a burglar at her own house.

"Why would I, burglar?! I'm not letting you go until the cops come!" Ryujin heaved the girl along with her as she took a few steps back, trying to pull her up the stairs and out of the basement.

"I'm not a burglar!" The girl yelled back as she attempted to detach Ryujin's arms around her neck in vain, but the latter didn't slacken or budge— not even one bit.

"Yes, you're not just a burglar, but also a freaking pervert who touched me when I was asleep!" The blue-haired girl retaliated, trudging backwards on the staircase.

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD FEEL MY TOUCHES!" The silver head bawled in exasperation, controlling herself not to hurl the girl against the wall, in case she might break her bones. At this, Ryujin snorted and loosened her grip slightly to let the girl look at her straight in the eye— an awful mistake since she was almost bewitched by the latter's enthralling feline eyes. Nevertheless, she shook her head to get her act together, and she glowered at her skeptically.

"Oh yeah? How much have you touched me then?" She leaned in and stopped a few inches away from the pale face, her voice hoarse and husky when she taunted the girl in her arms.

Instantly, the silver head averted her eyes to the floor, tersely wishing for the divinities to whisk her away from the hubristic blue head, or maybe, at least, let her teleport. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just disapparate? She thought in despair. There was something about Ryujin that dispelled her abilities, and she couldn't find the solution to the pickle she was in. While the cat eyed girl was in deep contemplation, Ryujin descried a familiar ring on the former's finger, thereby making her blood boil.

"YOU EVEN STOLE MY RING?" Ryujin bellowed, briskly yanking the pale girl's wrist, and the girl yawped in fright. Next, she tried to remove the said ring from the ice-cold finger, but it wouldn't slip off, making her more agitated.

"Hey! Stop it! It's mine!" The silver-haired girl released her hand from Ryujin's grasp and glided backward with eyes as wide as saucers. She just couldn't believe the turn of events and the blue head's audacity to insult her.

"Why you little liar! Come back here!" Just as Ryujin threw her hands and lunged for the silver-haired girl, her sight settled on her own right hand— an identical ring was gleaming brightly due to the moonlight seeping through the basement's egress window. Hence, she flickered her eyes back and forth from the pale girl's finger and hers. They both were wearing the same rings. "How?" She choked.

"They're promise rings..." The cat eyed girl whispered in sorrow as she stared at the ring on Ryujin's ringfinger.

"My dad gave me this-," the whisker-dimpled girl responded and narrowed her eyes at the girl in front of her, "-after I woke up from coma. Basically, mine's a congratulatory ring. I don't know why we have identical rings, but I'm sure they must be from the same goldsmith." She flexed her finger before putting her hand back to her side.

"Your dad?" The cat eyed girl was baffled to the next level. Ryujin cocked a brow.

"Anyway, why're you here? And how did you get inside?" Suspicion laced her deep voice as Ryujin interrogated the girl in white.