Chapter 21

-Kiyama Ena POV-

"Draken-kun?! Kaida-san?! Why are you all here?!" asked Takemichi.
"Hop off, Hina-chan" said Draken and Hina got off the bike.
I squeezed my brother's hand and smiled.

"You did great" I said. "You're not alone anymore, Chifuyu"
"I'm so glad, Ena-nee" he said.

-A few hours earlier-

"Could I... talk to you for a minute?" asked Hina and we all looked up. "Takemichi-kun... thought he could save Emma-chan"
"Hey!" shouted Draken. "Don't fucking bring that up now! What's wrong with you?!"
"Don't raise your voice at her!" I yelled.

"It doesn't make sense. Takemitchy and Hina-chan even..." said Draken. "Why would you say that now of all times? Just leave us alone"
"It's not just Emma-chan" said Hina and began to cry. "There are lots of people Takemichi-kun says he has to save"
"So?! What're you..." began Draken.

"I died" she said and my eyes widened. "12 years in the future, I died. Takemichi-kun came here from the future... to stop that from happening. It sounds like a lie, I know... but it's true... he's... desperate"
"Oh my God" I said in realisation...

'After talking to Takemitchy... Chifuyu... he stayed with me, when normally he wouldn't... Kazutora... this explains Chifuyu's weird behavious...'
"He knows all your future" she said. "He wants to help everyone... But I can't... do anything to help him!"
"I believe you" I said and they looked at me. "I was supposed to die, wasn't I?"

She looked down and nodded.
"After Chifuyu talked to Takemitchy... he stayed with me during Bloody Halloween..." I said. "Kazutora was supposed to kill me"

"Ena-chan..." said Mikey.
"He saved me" I said. "I believe you, Hina"

-Back to the battle-

"I'm sorry, Takemichi-kun" said Hina. "I came too"
"Huh?! You talked about the time-leap stuff! With those three?!" shouted Takemichi.
"Sorry, it just slipped out..." said Hina.

"Well, Mikey, Kaida?" said Draken and I stood next to them. "Looks like half of Tenjiku can still fight"
"Half huh" I said. "So that's 200 against three"
"Yeah" said Draken.

"Wanna take a handicap?" said Mikey.
"A handicap?!"
"Get fucked asshole!"
"You makin' fun of us?!"
"That's our line, dickhead!"

"Aren't you bastards the ones making fun of me?" said Mikey. "Who do you think I am, huh? 200 guys? Bring me 20,000!!"
"C'mon, guys" I smiled and looked at everyone behind us. "What's the holdup? It's time to party!"

"That's what we're here for!" said Mikey.
"Hey Toman, make some noise!" yelled Draken.
"You're too loud, Ken-chin" smiled Mikey.

Izana ran to Mikey and kicked him, making Mikey move back.
"Mikey!" shouted Peh-yan.
"He's fast!" shouted Chifuyu.

"You've lost Shinichiro" said Izana. "You've lost Emma. Well? How does it feel to become an empty shell?"
'Mikey isn't an empty shell. He still has his friends'
"Let's settle this, Izana" said Mikey.

"How did you get back up?" asked Izana.
"So, you came from the future, huh" said Draken to Takemichi. "It sounds like bullshit... but I've always seen ya all frantic-like"
"Draken-kun" said Takemichi.

"I'll believe ya" said Draken. "Mikey, Kaida and I will be your arms. Go accomplish what you should do!"
Mikey kicked Izana, but Izana blocked it.
"That was an awesome kick, Mikey!" shouted Izana. "You have this much power even after I made you lose your balance?! That's crazy!!"

Izana managed to kick Mikey back...
"Lemme ask you one thing" said Mikey while fighting. "Why did you kill Emma? Why did you try to kill Ena-chan?"
"Mikey" said Izana. "I'll tell you my secret. Shinichiro didn't become my ideal older brother. And then, your subordinate killed him, that's why I decided this. I'm gonna turn you into ash and make you into my older brother. So can you just become empty already? Or do I have to snuff out the last light in your life too"

"Is that the reason why you killed Emma?" said Mikey.
Izana kicked Mikey down...
"You took everything from me! Manjiro!" shouted Izana. "That's why I'm... gonna take everything from you too"

Mikey was losing...
"Is Izana Kurokawa some kind of monster?!" shouted Chifuyu.
"What's the matter Mikey?!" shouted Izana. "Is this all you got when you're serious?! If you don't get serious, you'll lose your precious Ena-chan too!"

"Mikey-kun... he's not slacking off is he?" asked Takemichi.
"Mikey's going all out" I said, knowing well how Mikey fights when he goes all out. "That shows you just how strong Izana Kurokawa is"
"Hey! Mikey! Are you bein' serious?! Is this really your true strength?!" shouted Izana. "Or do you need some motivation?! I'm really gonna kill her, you know?!"

He looked at me and I just glared back.
'Just try it, I dare you'
"You're not interested in other people, huh" said Mikey. "Does that go for your comrades who fought for you as well?"

"They fought for me?!" laughed Izana. "Wrong! They fought because they're scared of me! Don't lump them in with you Toman brats just playing house! There is only fear and interest in Tenjiku! Things like trust, love and friendship are just pointless delusions!"
"He's acting a bit different now" said Takemichi. "Are Izana's movements getting sloppier?"

"Yeah" said Draken. "Izana took that many of Mikey's kicks, so his limbs are probably all worn out now"
"Just how long are you going to continue to assume that you're on your own?" asked Mikey.
"Shinichiro and Emma are both dead" said Izana. "Aren't you alone too?!"

Mikey stopped Izana's kick...
"You're wrong, Izana" said Mikey. "You still have me. And I have you. Izana. I want to save you"
"Shuddup!" shouted Izana and Mikey dodged his kick.

"You're not gonna hit me anymore" said Mikey and I smiled.
Mikey hit Izana to the ground.
"The hell?" said Izana and stood up. "SO ya did have it in you, Mikey! Excellent, splendid. It's starting to get fun. Right?!"

"Why did you become like this?!" asked Mikey. "Why can't you love your siblings?! If you had just opened your heart Emma and I would've happily accepted you! Why Izana?!"
"Shut up!" yelled Izana.
"Kisaki!" shouted Izana and grabbed a gun from Kisaki.

He pointed it at me, Chifuyu wanted to get in front of me, but I stopped him.
"Ena-nee!" shouted Chifuyu.
"Don't even think about it, Chifuyu" I said calmly.

"If I even lose in this fight..." said Izana. "That means I lose everything, right?"
"Izana..." said Mikey.
"Do it" I said and they were all surprised. "Do it, if that'll satisfy you. Even if I'm gone, Mikey is not alone"

"Kaida! Don't egg him on! He's being serious!" shouted Draken.
"What's the matter, Izana?!" I yelled. "Just try it!"
The guy, Kakucho, smashed the gun away.

"Kakucho... you bastard" said Izana. "What're you doing?"
"Izana... That's enough, isn't it?" said Kakucho. "We lost"
Mikey took my hand and held it tight.

"What were you thinking?" he whispered and I smiled.
"I wasn't" I chuckled.
"A servant is giving his opinion to the king?" said Izana.

"I only fought for you" said Kakucho. "It didn't matter how twisted your ideas were. I'd happily die if it was for you. So stop making this kind of scene. I don't wanna see you acting so pathetic!!"
"Hey, execs" said Izana. "What're you all spacin' out for? Hurry up and kill this guy"

"Izana!" yelled Kakucho and grabbed Izana by the shoulders. "You get it, don't you?! Theses guys can't beat me!"
"Out of my way, servant" said Izana. "I can still keep on going"
"Tenjiku lost, Izana!" yelled Kakucho.

"Shut up!" screamed Izana, and I squeezed Mikey's hand tight.
We heard a gunshot...
Kakucho fell on his knees...

Kisaki had fired off his gun...
"Kaku-chan!" yelled Takemichi.
"You're a goddamn nuisance" said Kisaki. "Every single time... Hanagaki ruins all my well-thought-out plans. I can't use Mikey, so now... I can only use Izana as my medium. Kakucho, you're in my way, you bastard. Die"

He fired off his gun again, but Izana jumped in front of Kakucho.
We were all watching in shock...
"Izana?!" yelled Kisaki. "Why? Why would you... protect a servant?!"

I let go of Mikey's hand and ran to Izana.
I ripped my shirt and used it to stop the bleeding.
But there were three holes in his body...

I chose the one closest to his heart.
"My body just moved on its own" said Izana.
"Don't talk" I said. "Do try to stay awake"
"Why?" he said and I smiled.

"You're Mikey's family" I said. "And you do anything for family. Someone, call an ambulance! Now!"
"Mikey" said Izana. "There's something I wanna tell you. It's Tenjiku's loss"
"Izana..." said Mikey.

"Don't fuck around! I can say it" said Kakucho. "You don't need to say it!"
"Someone, put some pressure on Kakucho's wound!" I yelled.
Someone from Tenjiku listened.

"Haha. What're ya goin' on about?" laughed Izana. "I really don't get you, ya know..."
"Izana... why did you protect someone like me?!" asked Kakucho. "You're the king. You can just toss me aside like trash. You have to create your era! That's what a king is, isn't it?! Izana!"
"It's our era... though" said Izana. "Sorry, Kakucho. But, I... only have you, after all"

"Don't try to talk so much" I said. "The ambulance will be here soon enough"
"Mikey..." he said. "Did you say... that you want to save me?"
"If you're my brother, of course I will" said Mikey. "Now, listen to Ena-chan. Her grandmother is a nurse"

"There was a day when by coincidence I ran into my mom who abandoned me" said Izana. "She told me I was not her son. We weren't blood related. And Shinichiro knew..."
"Izana... you..." said Mikey.
"That's right" said Izana. "I'm not a sibling to Shinichiro, you or Emma... I'm not related to anyone at all. Well... Mikey? Can you save me? I'm beyond saving huh?"

"Who cares?" I said and Izana's teary eyes fell on me. "Who cares about blood relations? I'm not related to my brother at all. But he's still my brother, I love him. Because he is family. Blood ties or not... That doesn't define if you're siblings or not"

"Thank you... Kiyama Ena..." he whispered.
My eyes widened, I felt in his neck for a pulse, but there wasn't one...
I began CPR.

"Izana?" asked Kakucho. "Hey! Answer me!"
He grabbed Izana's hand. "I won't let you feel lonely. I'm going over there, too... right now" he said. "Looks like... we sucked at living"
"Ena-chan... stop... it's too late" said Mikey and pulled me in his arms.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. "I'm sorry"
He patted my hair while I cried...
"Toman, Tenjiku! Listen up everyone!" shouted Mikey. "The conflict is over. An ambulance and the police will be here soon! Before any more misfortune happens, let's all get outta here! I will stay here and take care of the rest! Dismissed!"

"Mikey" it was Muto. "You... need to get outta here too. We'll stay behind"
"Chifuyu" said Mikey. "Look after your sister for me"
Mikey pushed me into Chifuyu's arms and he looked at Kisaki.
"You're the one person I'll never forgive... Kisaki!" shouted Mikey.

Author note:

One more chapter, then the story will be on hold for a while.
I'm doing an internship at a hospital for 3 months, so I'll have very little to no time at all to write...
I hope you guys will bear with me, and be patient.
I'll try to be back soon!

-Amara