Chapter 17

-Sano Manjiro POV-

"Takemitchy" I said when I saw him.
"Mikey-kun!" he said. "Um... so... you been doin' okay?"
"Yeah" I said, he still hadn't changed...

He began to cry. "Sorry" he said.
"Still a cry-baby, huh?" I said. "I called you all the way out here, to ask you a favour"
"Huh? A favour?" he asked.

"Coming here made me remember my brother" I said. "And the memories just came flooding in. I fought all sorts of guys when I was a kid. Came to understand them, laughed with them, cried with them. It made me think about how Toman grew... made me all nostalgic. Toman went and changed. Takemitchy, why did you leave Toman? I wanted you to stay with me. I wanted you to scold me, like my bro would have. Somehow, I kept going on my own. But I couldn't hold it back. I couldn't stop from losing myself"

"Mikey-kun... what do you mean by...?" he asked.
"When I tried to keep you from leaving Toman, Ken-chin said this" I said.

-Flashback-

"Mikey, stop" said Draken.
"Huh?" I said. "You think you can boss me around?"
"I agree with Draken" said Mitsuya.

"Mitsuya" I said.
"And I'm sure, if Ena was here too" he said. "She'd agree with us too"
Ena had left Toman, so she could study at college to be a dance teacher...

She was still a part of Toman, just not an active member anymore.
"He's not a good fit for the direction Toman's going in" he said.

"Mikey... the path you've chosen is a violent one" said Draken and they both bowed for me. "Mitsuya and I both will give our lives to you for what comes ahead. That's what we decided"
"But, Mikey" said Mitsuya. "We owe so much to Takemitchy. I don't want him to become like us"
"Please, don't drag him into this" said Draken.

-End of flashback-

"Those two, they said that?" asked Takemichi.
"Yeah" I said. "They were just the best. And I killed them"
"What?!" said Takemichi.

"Takemitchy" I said. "The old Toman doesn't exist anymore. All of them... everyone... everyone. I killed them all. Even Ena-chan, I drove her to kill herself... So, I'm asking you... I want you to end this"
I threw him a loaded gun.

"Kill me" I said. "I want all this to end here. End my dream"
"Wha... What are you saying, Mikey-kun?!" asked Takemichi. "Please, stop. I don't get this at all. We meet up, and you ask me to kill you... I just wanted to see you again"

"Just wanted to see me again" I said. "I think Hakkai said something like that right before he died"
"Hakkai... right before he died?" he said.

"It's hard to make your dreams come true" I said and touched Ena's necklace. "Make a new age for delinquents. Toman was supposed to keep advancing toward that goal. But, before I knew it... things got difficult"
"Difficult?" he asked.

"Ena-chan had left Toman, she wasn't around much anymore since she was into college" I said and smiled. I remembered when she told me she wanted to go to college. "And the first time I ever killed someone... I didn't feel a thing. And I thought... most of the problems in this world can be easily solved by killing people. Just erase anyone who gets in the way"

"You're wrong, Mikey-kun!" he shouted and grabbed my shoulders. "You haven't changed at all! You're just the same as back then!"
"Takemitchy, stop" I said.
"I can tell just by looking!" he shouted. "You haven't changed one bit!"

"Stop it" I said.
"You haven't changed" he said. "So please... please! Don't talk about erasing people!"
I hit him and sat on top of him, holding a gun to his head.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" I said.