Chapter 19

-Kiyama Ena POV-

"I see" said Mikey, after Takemichi told us about Kurokawa. "Izana Kurokawa. It's the guy who approached me"
"Huh? You met him?" I asked while I did Mikey's hair.
"Yup!" said Mikey. "So he's Tenjiku's leader..."

"The eight leader of the Black Dragons and the current leader of Tenjiku... Izana Kurokawa huh?" said Draken. "He might be connected to Shinichiro-kun somehow. Takemitchy. Keep this a secret"
"Got it!" said Takemichi.

"Shinichiro-kun was the founder of the Black Dragons" said Draken.
"Yes" said Takemichi.
"Heh?" I said. "How the hell doesn't that surprise you?"

"Wait! Um, I was just so surprised, I..." said Takemichi.
"Well, whatever" said Draken.
I laid down on the sofa next to Mikey, with my head in his lap.

"Me, Mikey, Kaida and Baji were the only ones who knew that" said Draken. "Because back when we were helping Kazutora fight back against the Black Dragons, we figured it'd be a hindrance to us"
"Before we took on the ninth generation Black Dragons, I had a talk with my bro" said Mikey, while he began playing with my hair.

"The eight generation leader was what turned the Black Dragons rotten" said Draken. "In other words, it was Izana Kurokawa"
"Here ya go!" Emma entered. "I brought some tea"
"Izana Kurokawa, just who is he?" asked Takemichi.

"He's my big brother" said Emma.
"Huh?" we all said.
"Who is?" asked Mikey.

"I said he's my big brother. Izana Kurokawa" said Emma.
"Huh?" we were all surprised and Mikey pointed to himself.
"Come on!" she said. "I told you about it like a hundred times, Mikey! He's your half-brother you know!"

"Huh? You did?" asked Mikey.
"My last name used to be Kurokawa. And I had an older brother with that name" she said.
"So Emma-chan's older brother is also, Mikey-kun's brother?!" asked Takemichi.

"Ugh! You never listen to me" said Emma.
"Ah! Now I remember" said Mikey.
"Liar" I said.

"Hey, Emma-chan?" said Takemichi.
"Hm?" she said.
"Um... your brother, do you remember anything about Izana Kurokawa?" he asked.

"No, not really" she said. "He left when I was only three years old"
"I see" said Takemich.
"Ah, but, I think he got along with big bro Shin really well" she smiled.

"With Shinichiro?" asked Mikey.
"Huh? Why would Shinichiro-kun and Izana Kurokawa be friends?" asked Draken.
"Hold on just a sec" she said, she quickly grabbed a box. "Tada!"

"A tin?" asked Mikey.
"What is this?" I asked.
"It turned up when we were sorting out big bro Shin's things" she said.

"A bundle of letters... written by Izana Kurokawa?!" said Takemichi. "Huh?! Are all the letters in this thin, from Izana Kurokawa?!"
"Yup" smiled Emma. "Didn't look at any of them though. But look at how many there are! They must've gotten along so well!"
"Gotten along... I dunno" said Draken. "This is... kinda scary"

We began reading them, there were a lot...
"Well, find out anything?" asked Emma.
"It's all just stuff about his daily life" said Takemichi.

"This is probably the first one he ever wrote" said Draken. "Dear Shinichiro, thank you for visiting me recently. It's nice to have family around"
"He must've heard about Izana from somewhere" I said.

"I get it now" said Mikey and stood up. "I'm goin' out for some air"
"What's the deal with Mikey-kun?" asked Takemichi when we heard Mikey leave on his motorcycle.
I picked up the letter Mikey was reading and read it out loud. "Dear Shinichiro, my head's been aching all the time recently. It hurts so much. I bet it's his fault. Don't talk to me about Manjiro anymore"

"Izana Kurokawa was abandoned by his family at a young age" said Draken. "And the first relative who came to visit him was Shinichiro-kun... if that was the only thing he had to rely on... then what would he think of Mikey?"
"Envy?" asked Emma.

"Yeah" I said. "He felt intense envy towards Mikey. Resentment"
"There's something that's always bothered me" said Draken. "When Toman was formed, it was what the ninth leader of the Black Dragons, Shion Madarame told us"

"'Carry on the eight leader's will'" I said. "Something like that, right?"
"The eight leader's will?" said Takemichi. "What? Izana Kurokawa was the eight leader of the Black Dragons"

"Right" said Draken. "When the ninth generation Black Dragons attacked Kazutora, what if that was a plan by Izana Kurokawa to crush Mikey, without Shinichiro-kun finding out? What if Izana Kurokawa had a personal grudge against Mikey?"
"With Shinichiro-kun gone now... he's founded Tenjiku and put his own plans into motion..." said Takemichi. "So he can... take out Mikey-kun for sure this time. So he can take out his blood-related younger brother!"