Chapter 2

-Kiyama Ena POV-

I sat behind Draken on his bike as we rode next to the river.
"Say... Mikey-kun" said Takemichi. "So, uh... why did you take a liking to me?"
"What a dumb question" said Mikey.

"Uh... sorry" said Takemichi.
"Well..." said Mikey. "I have a brother who's ten years older than me. He's dead now. He was totally reckless. He had no problem picking fights with guys way stronger than him"
"I see. He must've been pretty cool" said Takemichi.

"You remind me of my brother, Takemitchy" said Mikey with a smile.
"B-But I'm not that cool at all!" said Takemichi. "How do I seem like that?"
"Yeah, he definitely wasn't lame like you, Takemitchy" said Mikey and I chuckled.
I missed Shinichiro, he was cool and kind.

"Nowadays, people just think delinquents are lame" said Mikey and sat down at the grass. "When my big bro was alive, there were so many biker gangs around here. You could always hear their super-loud bikes as they went by. They all acted super tough. They fought all the time... but they always cleaned up their own messes. What's so lame about that? That's why I'm gonna make a new era for delinquents. You should come with me. I like you, Hanagaki Takemichi"

"There are plenty of guys and girls who are good at fighting" said Draken. "But you know... standing up to anyone for something you won't give up? There aren't many guys like you"
"Think about it, Takemitchy" I said and we walked back to the bikes.
I sat behind Mikey and he drove me home.

~

"Ena-nee!" it was Chifuyu when I came home. "Why did you skip school?"
"I mostly skip when it's boring, Chifuyu" I chuckled. "Don't worry, I still get good grades"
"I was worried" he said and I ruffled his hair.

"I'm the big sister here, you dummy" I smiled. "I'm the one who's supposed to worry about you. Let's start on dinner, before grandma gets home"
"Good idea, she'll like that" he said and smiled.

"What should we make?" I asked. "Some yakisoba?"
"Yeah" he smiled, it was his favourite food. "Thanks, Ena-nee"
"How's studying going?" I asked. "You need my notes from last year?"

"It's going good, I think Baji-san needs those notes more than I do" he said and I chuckled.
"Please tell me he stopped wearing those hideous glasses in school" I said.
"Only in class" said Chifuyu and we both laughed. "They are hideous"

"I'm home!" it was my grandma.
"Welcome home, Grandma!" I said.
"Welcome home, granny" said Chifuyu.

"It smells delicious" said grandma. "Thank you both, my angels"
"Just sit down, grandma" I chuckled. "We'll take care of the food, don't you worry about it"
"You two are amazing, I love you guys" she said.

"We love you too" said Chifuyu.
My grandma was pretty young, most people think she's my mother.
My mom died giving birth to me, and she never told grandma who my father was.
So, my grandma raised me all on her own.

Chifuyu's parents were good friends of my grandmother. So he and I have been pretty close for as long as I could remember.
He was always like a brother to me, and when his parents died 2 years ago, he started living with us.
I smiled at the sight of my family.
'I wish it could always be like this...'

~

I rode on the back of Mikey's motorbike to the shrine, where Takemichi was also coming.
It was time for a gathering, since it was about a serious matter...
Chifuyu was going with Baji, since Chifuyu's the vice-captain of the first division.

We arrived at the shrine and everyone was there too.
I remained on the bike for a while, until Mitsuya came with Takemichi.
"Mitsu-kun" I smiled when I saw him.