12

He was just out of reach.

Ex.

Standing there, just across the room, next to the watcher that had made Xisuma's life nothing but hell. Although his expression was mainly hidden away by the mask that he wore, the admin couldn't help but catch a glimpse of sorrow in the silver eye.

"Took you long enough." His brother remarked coldly.

"Well, he's here now, isn't he?" She asked with a calm smile, "And he brought along the remainder of the hermits that managed to escape us, how wonderful."

Xisuma backed away, trying to keep his distance from the two, before he froze. A sharp, metal tip pressed against the back of his neck, nearly piercing his skin to draw blood. He sucked in a tense breath, while Gem gripped tighter to the sword that she held against the admin.

"Now, now, no need to be shy. I only brought you here to chat." The watcher smiled, flexing the larger pair of feathery wings that resided on her back.

Biting his tongue, the man in purple armor reluctantly moved a bit closer, though he was wary of the two. His face was stuck in a scowl, while his eyes were glued to the brainwashed male standing next to the watcher. "Let my server, and my brother, go."

"Why would I do that? After all, you've finally come home."

"This—" Xisuma gestured to the grand throne room where they stood. "—is not my home. I'm sick and tired of your vague little mind games, so let the hermits go before I make you."

"That is exactly why I brought you here."

With a snap of her fingers, a chain shot out of the floor. It clasped around his neck, pulling against the admin and forcing him to his knees. He fought with the restraints, the eerie silver glow seeming to give the iron a slightly-transparent appearance.

"My magic is unbreakable," she explained while stepping forward, reaching her hand out and dragging her icy fingers down Xisuma's chin. "I doubt that struggling will do anything, other than hurt you."

"So what now? Are you going to brainwash me into joining your freaky cult?" He asked through clenched teeth, just the thought of it making his blood boil with rage.

The watcher gave a slight laugh, though it seemed forced. "Nono, you will join me willingly. All you need is a bit of a push. I'm going to clear up the lies that have been clouding your mind, then you'll understand everything."

"Don't worry," Ex assured as he walked forward, looking down at his brother. "I promise you and your friends won't get hurt. Once Pearl and Taurtis round up the hermits who managed to escape—and when you join us—everything will be back to normal. You and the hermits will still be together, so there's nothing to worry about."

"There's plenty to worry about, like whatever you're going to do to mess with my head..." Xisuma growled in a cold voice, his eyes narrowing at the two. Neither seemed intimidated by his glare, which was the most he could really do.

The admin was fully aware that he couldn't do much other than thrash and fight with the chains that were bound to his neck, and he knew that he couldn't fight them either. He was helpless, completely at their mercy.

The watcher opened the palm of her hand, causing the tip of her finger to spark into a small flame. "Just stay still," she cooed. "I promise this won't hurt a bit."

She reached out, placing her finger against the middle of Xisuma's forehead. He was expecting to be met by a searing pain as his skin burned from the flame, although it never came. All he felt was the cool touch of the watcher as she dragged her finger across his skin, which left a glowing marking of an eye, identical to the one on Ex's mask.