050

"YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?" i asked. immediately feeling the stares coming from everyone else in the room.

"what's going on?" bryce said ad he walked into the kitchen. "is there some team meeting that i wasn't invited to?" he asked.

"shut up man," payton said.

"thank you," i said outloud. "vinnie's bail is five thousand dollars," i added, staring down at the floor to avoid eye contact with anyone.

"well what are we still doing here? we have to bail him out," bryce exclaimed.

"i know bryce, but what should we do?" i asked him.

"you ans i are going down to the the county jail facility and then i'll pay the bail," he said before her quickly turning around to grab his keys and sweater that was on the table. i stood there liek a deer in headlights, not knowing how to respond. "i think i should pay it," i blurted out. he freezed before turning around to face me.

"i can't let you do that," he said, now glaring straight at me.

"why not?," i asked.

"because i'm your older brother and i want to help you," he replied. i stood in place staring

"i got him into this mess. everything that happened today is my fault so, it's only fair if i get him out of this,"

"tris, this isn't your fault okay? you can't blame yourself," he walke over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "i'm sorry about everything,"

"me too bryce," i let out a sigh before leaning forward and embracing him. what hugged each other for what felt like hours, bur eventually, we both pulled away. "are you ready to go?," bryce asked as he turned his face towards me. i nodded my head in agreement.

he grabbed his car keys and headed towards the door and before i knew it, he had already walked out of the door. i turned around the few people left in the kitchen. at this point, almost everyone went upstairs to their rooms, but some people stuck around. "i'll see you guys later okay?," i said to payton and avani.

"okay tris, please be safe," avani said.

"yeah, don't do anything stupid," payton added. i rolled my eyes at him before walking off and out of the front door.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"do you want the aux?," bryce asked as one hand held the steering wheel. he turned for a split second to glance at me.

"dude, keep your eyes on the road," he immediately turned back to face the road as he continued driving. it felt like we were driving down the same road. after about an hour or so, we pulled up to a large, tan building. it had multiple levels and writing that said 'county jail' so i guess its safe to assume that we were at the right place.

"do you want to stay in here?," bryce asked me as he drove around looking for a parking spot. i ignored his question and proceeded to look for a parking . "park in that one," i said, pointing to a n empty spot a few cars down.

"tris, are you coming or not?," he asked, but this time in a more more serious tone.

"what if he hates me?," i mumbled, staring outside of the window.

"don't think like that okay," bryce replied before opening the driver side door. i watched as he climbed out of the car before deciding to open my door as well.

we walked up the steps and stared straight ahead as we approached the doors. bryce pressed the buzzer and spoke with someone before they let us in.

i'm trying to process the fact that i'm in a jail right now, but my mind can only focus on one thing right now; vinnie.

we walked up to the lady who stood behind the counter. "hi, we're here to bail our friend out," bryce said.

"name please," she responded, not even fazed by the words that just came out of bryce's mouth.

"his name is vincent hacker," bryce stated, causing her to quickly look up in confusion before looking back at the screen. she let out a faint laugh before typing up his name.

this whole process is nerve racking. what if he's not here or they won't release him? so many thoughts crossed my mind, but i knew that freaking out would not solve my problems.

the front desk lady asked bryce a few more questions before he eventually gave her his card. she processed it and told us that he would be released within the next hour. i sighed, but walked over to the waiting chairs, hoping that vinnie would walk out within a few seconds.

we waited, and waited, and waited until the double doors finally opened and vinnie walked out. he looked up at me from accross the room and our eyes instantly made contact. he let out a large smile before walking over to us.

his arms extended out and before i knew it, my head perfectly rested on his chest as his arms wrapped around me. "i missed you," he whispered in my ear, causing me to smile even more.

"thanks for forgetting about me," bryce said, causing us to both laugh at his remark. vinnie let go of me and gave bryce 'bro' hug or whatever they call it.

"i would never forget about you man. i really appreciate you doing this for me, but i'm going to pay you back plus some more," vinnie said.

"don't worry about it. my sister cares about you so it was my job to make sure that everyone she loves is back in her life-," byrce's eyes widen as he abruptly stopped him self from talking. "oh, um...," he let out.

i could see the smirk on vinnie's face as his head slowly turned towards me. "well in that case, i hope she knows that i love her too," he smiled.

author🍃
this update is long overdue, but hey at least its up now. thanks for 10k reads and please vote for this chapter if you enjoyed!

also, i hope this chapter wasn't too long.